When using AdMob, what are the chances of actually making money?

jun123

For those using AdMob, what are the actual chances of earning revenue? If possible, someone with experience in using AdMob could explain how it works and share their personal experience.

I developed a free app in January, and I'm pleasantly surprised by its performance. It has achieved nearly 51,000 downloads, with 13,000 active installs that continue to grow. Despite the app's limited appeal and unimpressive graphics (prioritizing functionality), I'm pleased with the results.

Currently, I'm working on a "pro-version" in the hope that some active users (based on Active Installs) might consider purchasing it, though I'm not overly reliant on this prospect. Consequently, I'm contemplating adding AdMob to the free version, with the hope of potentially earning a few cents (euros) to support my programming hobby.

Considering the practicality, what can one realistically expect to earn with AdMob? How does the process work? Do I earn a few cents (euros) when a user clicks on an ad? As I mentioned earlier, I would greatly appreciate hearing about your experiences to help me better evaluate if integrating AdMob into my free version is a worthwhile

MikeH

Licensed User
Longtime User
With 13,000 active users you should be making money from ads. Thats a similar number to two of my apps. Its impossible to say how much because each app has different potential. Simply put, the process is as you say, clicks earn a few cents but again, its impossible to say how much as that amount varies. I would put in ads and just wait and see. You can always remove them later - but you probably wouldnt want to.

asales

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
As @MikeH says: it's impossible to say how much you will earn. There are several variables (clicks, eCPM, etc.).
I have an app with 1000 users per day with banners, native and interstitial ads that gives me $2/day. This is not the default. There are day that gives less then $1.

Instead a pro version, I would make a modification in the free version to activate premium options and remove the ads using a subscription.

andymc

Licensed User
Longtime User
Sorry, I know this is an old thread, but I thought I should respond.

I've made a lot of money from admob over the years. Currently I make around £500 a month from ads showing in my space invaders games I distribute via the Google Play store. the game shows roughly 2 or 3 full screen interstitials for each platy session and my app is downloaded roughly 250 times per day.

The ads that make me the most per click are the rewarded ads.

My figures may be different due to working with games rather than apps. but thought this may help, afaik admob still pays the most out of all ad networks.

what is your app??? Please give a link and maybe post it on the share your creations forum?