Android Question When you unpair a bluetooth device, what happens?

Arf

Licensed User
Longtime User
I am so distraught, after all the progress I made over the last week, today I can't get a single bluetooth device to connect to my tablet. I have two projects, one I dabbled with this morning for a bit but didn't change anything with regards comms, and a second that I zipped up 2 days ago when it was working great, in case I need to go back to it.

Only two conceivable events could have had an impact:
1, I did a system restore of my PC today after something went wrong, I restored it to 6PM yesterday.
2, I unpaired all my bluetooth bluetooth devices in bluetooth settings, I wanted to check that a pairing request box pops up when they connect the first time (as they always seem to have done).

But nothing, the bluetooth is on, I can step through my service and see that it's all configured and listening, but none of my bluetooth products can find it anymore? I must have rebooted the nexus 7 40 times over the last 19 hours in the hope something might change.. any ideas? I'm so upset

Arf

Licensed User
Longtime User
My system works a bit back to front, my external product's bluetooth is hidden, so they can't be found by the tablet, however they are pre-configured with the tablets BT MAC, to which it automatically tries to connect when both are on in the same area. The system has been infallible up till now.
Yesterday I tried (many times) to make the bluetooth discoverable in the android bluetooth settings page and let them connect, but no connection was made. I did this as I have long ago removed all 'make discoverable' code from my project, and wanted to check whether the tablet needs to be discoverable then the product already knows their MAC (I didn't think so), but no luck.

I'll set the BT to discoverable in my project for the 1st minute after launch and see if that makes any difference, hopefully yesterday was too long a day and my tiredness was making me do stupid things.

Upvote 0

Arf

Licensed User
Longtime User
OK finally sorted, the poor documentation for my bluetooth dongles led me to believe there were a choice of 3 quick connect MAC presets, but actually only one works. I had to jiggle the order and I got connectivity back. Another long day but back on track!

Upvote 0