B4J Question Which file(s) to submit to antivirus false positive report

Chris2

Licensed User
There are a few threads on here about false positive antivirus alerts for built/packaged B4J apps, and submitting the files as false positive reports to the various antivirus companies.

I was wondering exactly which file(s) people have submitted, and if it has helped?

We can obviously submit the installation executable file created with Inno Setup for one, but when I've come across the problem my antivirus has targeted the exe that's created by the built-in packager in the ...\Objects\temp\build\ folder.
E.g. the test.exe here:
appLauncher.PNG

This might be a stupid question given that it's that file that the antivirus attacks, but if I remember correctly that exe is just a launcher for the 'real' app that's in the \bin\ folder isn't it?

So, is the test.exe file here the one to submit, or something else?

Many thanks.

Solution
There is another executable inside the bin folder. Submit it as well.

If you are distributing an installer file then it is recommended to sign it with a valid code sign.

MicroDrie

Licensed User
The anti-virus software "watches" as it were what is happening on the computer. When the anti-virus detects a strange or unknown activity or recognizes a certain abuse pattern, the execution will be blocked. Which activity is blocked depends on the anti-virus software. Sometimes software is inspected more closely online. Sometimes a self-signed or missing certificate is a trigger to block the software. Without knowing what anti-virus software to know, there is not much to notice.

Upvote 0