Which PPC

bdiscount

Licensed User
I am thinking of a new ppc I am wondering which one runs best with B4ppc, has best storage card arrangement etc could I get some recommendations from here. No phones. Just screen size and res. etc.

RandomCoder

Licensed User
Longtime User
I can't actually recommend a particular device, as I use an Axim X51v which Dell have decided to cease manufacturing (big shame, as this is a lovely device to use).
So instead, here are a few things that you should consider....

Styling
There's three main styles, Folding, Tablet and Sliding.

Memory
Onboard memory and then SD/CF options.

Connectivity
Most devices have Infa-red and Bluetooth, but do you need buit-in wireless or GPS?

Operating system
Presumably you will be looking at Windows Mobile 5 or 6 if your wanting to run B4PPC.

Price
Probably the biggest decision is how much are you willing to pay, devices can range from £100 to +£500

I also wouldn't rule out a smart phone, OK the screen is smaller but then you've got a PDA, camera and ...uhm oh yes a phone crammed in there. My friend has an MDA Vario, now that is a nice unit!!

Anway, here's a couple of informative links for you to check out if you want to know more...
http://www.micromart.co.uk/features/article/default.aspx?id=22289
http://www.micromart.co.uk/features/article/default.aspx?id=21722

Regards,
RandomCoder.

bdiscount

Licensed User
I have dell Axim X50v and X51v but the 50 has a flaky cradle conn. and the baterry door won't stay close, minor but still a pain. I will look at the sites you name. Thanks fpor the input.:signOops:

per

Licensed User
Smart Phone

I have a Nokia E65, attempted compiling an app for it but B4PPC outputs an EXE file. Can B4PPC target the Symbain S60 OS.
Thanks

alfcen

Licensed User
Longtime User
The iPAQ hx211 Enterprise was announced to come in early 2008, but
all to the sudden disappeared from the market. It had the best spec tag I have ever seen at Pocket PCs.

Else I would recommend iPAQ hx4700 or hx4705 with WM5.0. These models
are no longer in production, but still available in online shops.

bdiscount

Licensed User
The iPAQ hx211 Enterprise was announced to come in early 2008, but
all to the sudden disappeared from the market. It had the best spec tag I have ever seen at Pocket PCs.

Thats probably why it disappeared. I want at least wm6.
but now with the tv going south I will invest in a tv.
Thanks anyway:sign0148: