Android Question why does this bluetooth chat fail??

persianpowerman1

Licensed User
Longtime User
hey guys...

i manually turn on BLUETOOTH on both mobiles... both were running ICS4.04... both have been paired.. both made visible...

they even give me the "Connected" message... but for some reason... my chat isnt working?!?

please tell me what am i missing???

they usually connect with connect3(method)... but data isnt being displayed??? or is there something wrong with the mobiles???
or do i have to create a kind of SERVER and CLIENT relationship ... like i did with the internet chat.. that works fine!!

YO!han

Attachments

• bluetooth chat.zip
    7.7 KB · Views: 186

persianpowerman1

Licensed User
Longtime User
ok ... guys... i checked it on another mobile running ICS.. and it worked... it connected via connect1(method)... but still aint connecting with the previous one... any ideas???

Upvote 0

Beja

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi persianpowerman1,
both have been paired

How did they connect or pair?
I don't see a way to look for a device or target MAC addr. in your user interface.. can only see my own device MAC and NAME.
screen shot attached.

Attachments

• bluechat.png
    bluechat.png
    18.5 KB · Views: 184
Upvote 0

persianpowerman1

Licensed User
Longtime User
Im not sure that i understood what you just posted...

the other phone belongs to my wife.. so our stuff is paired much before i made this program..
Now... i manually turned on both the bluetooths...

1st on my mobile:- put on my program... then pressed the toggle button in my program ("Blue Tooth ON/OFF")... and then it said connection established via connect3(method)

then i did the same on her phone... it said connection established via connect3(method)
but no conversations were transferred between the phones?!?!

how ever the program worked well with my friends phone.. and connected via connect1(method)...
do you think it could work with Connect2??
but what is UUID??

any ideas???

Upvote 0