Android Question Why? SearchView stopped working.

Lee Gillie CCP

Licensed User
Longtime User
I've been using SearchView 1.0 in a project for over a year now. The user is prompted to edit a product number, and we show the partial matches of part #s, and description. I use a second one to allow search by description. This has all worked wonderfully for some time.

Customer reported the searchview list no longer presents itself with a recent release (with the latest B4A) as they use these two entry fields. At first I thought the keyboard was covering the list, so I showed them how to split it, but still no list for them running the release build.

I have tried the same in debug mode, and it all works perfectly.

Some thoughts were that an Android update may be interfering. Perhaps my B4A project is growing too large. There are currently 15 activities. I'm not able to come up with a strategy to diagnose this. Any ideas?

Lee Gillie CCP

Licensed User
Longtime User
The app interacts with custom cloud services, so it is not practical, or anyone with access to the forum could interact with the production cloud service. I have test services, but they are not available except within our private LAN.

CURRENT UPDATE:

I can think of one scenario where the user may have reset the product list, and denied the confirmation to load a new list. I am working to confirm that, because if that is the case, it has nothing to do with SearchView. If that is not the case I will try to gather more information in my question. I realize there is not much to go on with my post. But at this point I know little myself until I can confirm a few facts.

Thanks Ronell for taking a few moments to consider this. My original hope was there may be some kind of known problem with SearchView I was not aware of, and someone might come forward with: Have you tried this?

Upvote 0

Lee Gillie CCP

Licensed User
Longtime User
SearchView is golden. The user was preventing a list update, and thus the behavior. Sometimes you ask the question, but until you can confirm the answer, it can bring untrustworthy assumptions to your problem analysis. Having apps in the field is bringing me to a design approach where I can resolve issues without their input. It must be Friday.

Upvote 0