Android Question Wifi finder and connector

Hi
How can I list wifis around and make it possible for my users to choose among them? Is there any official library or native method? I’m using wifi simple library (by bgsoft based on Jim miller library) but it’s not updated past few years and it’s not working well in some new cellphones.

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0
It means that no application will be able to scan wifi networks in future release??
2AF9F43B-69AB-43B4-8249-E4D0EFAA4784.jpeg
There are many apps using this feature. What will happen to them?? :(

Is your code a replacement of StartScan? I mean would it not be deprecated?

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
It means that no application will be able to scan wifi networks in future release??
did you fully read the article?

To initiate a Wi-Fi scan, declare the Manifest.permission.CHANGE_WIFI_STATE permission in the manifest, and perform these steps:
  1. Invoke the following method: ((WifiManager) getSystemService(WIFI_SERVICE)).startScan()
  2. Register a BroadcastReceiver to listen to SCAN_RESULTS_AVAILABLE_ACTION.
  3. When a broadcast is received, call: ((WifiManager) getSystemService(WIFI_SERVICE)).getScanResults()
Also see Answer #2

Upvote 0
did you fully read the article?
I didn’t read all of the page but StartScan part and I got that “ability of scanning wifi networks in applications will be removed in future and only if you configured that network before, you’ll be able to connect to it in application“. Did I get right? Or I misunderstood?
please help me to understand clearly because I don’t speak English and maybe this made me misunderstand.
I appreciate you.

Also see Answer #2
I think I know how to get wifi networks which are configured before so yeah I’m kind of familiar with that code ( actually if I encountered a problem, I would ask in new thread)

Last edited:
Upvote 0