B4J Question Windows media player inside a pane

amaxco

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,

I have shown and played a video in a windows media player within a pane but can't figure out how resize and fit the whole view. The video looks truncated. My intention is to implement a layout similar to the attached.

A working example will be appreciated

Attachments

• B4J_Design_001.png
    B4J_Design_001.png
    254.3 KB · Views: 213

amaxco

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes, the truncation occurs here
I tired but could not succeed. I appreciate if you have working example

Upvote 0

udg

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi @amaxco ,
several months ago I began to write a CustomView to manage a MediaPlayer object using JavaObject as a way to access internal functions.
It worked fine but I never completed it. If you may find it useful I could spend some time to at least embed the CV in a lib and publish it along what I used to test it.

If I recall it right, it could display more than one mediaplayer at once, each on its pane, and even play them at the same time altough the audio mixed up. Resize worked too.

udg

Upvote 0

amaxco

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi to all,

Sorry for my late reply.

@Erel
I am currently trying with a file stored in my machine. If any solution works I will need an online function too.

@udg
I appreciate your response. Yes, in addition to what Erel will come up with, it will be very useful specially for playing multiple AV stuff.

Thank you all

Upvote 0

amaxco

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi alwaysbusy,

By the way, I admire your amazing works and I hope to be soon able to use your ABMaterial framework which I will definitely need.

I played with b4jvlcj and is excellent. The only limiting requirement for me is that it must be installed in the developer's end user's machines as I understand.

Regards,

Upvote 0

udg

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi all,
please find attached my dgMediaView lib and a demo app.
I published them here because I'm sure they're incomplete and from a quick&dirty test made months ago, not ready for the forum's Libraries section.

Note: sample videos were downloaded from the Internet and larger than allowed in the Forum

B4X:
Video1--> 'https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIpu_Z-3mn4
Small.zip --> second video

udg

Attachments

• jDGMediaView.zip
    4.3 KB · Views: 214
  • dgMVTest.zip
    3.8 KB · Views: 218
  • small.zip
    371.8 KB · Views: 168
Last edited: