B4J Question Windows protected your PC problem

Carlos marin

Licensed User
Longtime User
hello experts I think it is a problem of signatures but I can not find that someone in the forum has found it.
I have a small program that I distribute through the packager but many clients state that the windows warning appears and this generates mistrust. what should be done in this case

1614389910154.png

MarcoRome

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Depend if file EXE is signature or no.
Look
OV / EV Code Signing Certificates
...A digital signature from an OV certificate won't guarantee your software isn't flagged by SmartScreen but signing helps ensure that your software's reputation can be recognized for everything you sign. A signature from an EV code signing certificate provides instant SmartScreen reputation and prevents the warning from ever appearing...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

thetahsk

Licensed User
Longtime User

Disable the smartscreen feature

or made an exclusion

Upvote 0

Dadaista

Licensed User
Longtime User
If you distribute your app, you must sign the installation to avoid windows defender show the message.

Upvote 0

Carlos marin

Licensed User
Longtime User
Look

Look

Thanks Marco for answering I am reading the web that you indicate but I have no idea what to do, if I buy a license like I enter it in b4j

Upvote 0

Dadaista

Licensed User
Longtime User
You can sign from inno
You can sign from windows command line
you can sign from a sing tool

Upvote 0

Dadaista

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks Marco for answering I am reading the web that you indicate but I have no idea what to do, if I buy a license like I enter it in b4j
You do not enter your license in B4j. You have to sign your .exe with the purchase license

Last edited:
Upvote 0

amorosik

Expert
Licensed User
You do not enter your license in B4j. You have to sign your .exe with the purchase license

When you write "..you have to sign your .exe..." what you mean exactly?
There is a program X that 'sign' the exe file?
And 'sign' with what data?

Upvote 0

Carlos marin

Licensed User
Longtime User
Look

The worst purchase I could have made, the worst page, i uploaded all the documentation that they ask for everything, they reject it and they do not say why, there is no support, there is no help, a perverse ticketing system, so that it does not happen to anyone else they never buy in this page

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Upvote 0