Wine cellar manager

klaus

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
If you have a little bit more than just a few bottles of wine in your cellar, this program could interest you.

It's a program to manage a wine cellar.

Bug reports and improvement suggestions are welcome.

An English help file is included.
If there is any interest, I can add French and German help files.

2008.04.18 update to V1.1
Bug removal and user interface improvement

2008.04.23 update to V1.2
Bug removal and user interface improvement

2008.04.29 update to V1.3
Speed increase in loaging files and statistcs

Best regards

Attachments

• Wine_1.jpg
    Wine_1.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 384
  • Wine_2.jpg
    Wine_2.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 338
  • Wine_3.jpg
    Wine_3.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 333
  • WineV1_3.zip
    220.4 KB · Views: 467
Last edited:

alfcen

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Klaus
I believe you already tested it in YOUR wine cellar(?) :p
My management method is a bit different.
I pull the cork straight away :)
You always have nice, practical ideas.
Cheers (in both meanings)
Robert

yildi

Licensed User
Definitely Robert! ;-)

Can you imagine, I live at Bordeaux but my house does not have a cellar :-(
So I have to drink every nice bottle of wine I buy. If I am able to buy a bigger house, it will definitely have a cellar and then I could benefit from Klaus's nice software...

But I have another idea: I could use it to note the nice bottles that I discover in restaurants and friends' houses.

Thanks Klaus!

Murat

klaus

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello Robert,
I can understand your management method, but mine is a bit different.
I like wine with some years of age, even white wines, and to acheve this I buy the wine, leave it for 2,3,4 years or even longer in the cellar.
But of course the final goal is to drink it with great pleasure.

Hello Murat,
I live in Valais, the Rhône valley east of lake Geneva, also a wine area, not as well known as Bordeaux, but we have also quite good wines over here. If you use the program as you suggest it, at least you will know what wine to buy when you have the bigger house with a cellar.

Cheers et à votre santé !

Last edited:

Tirs

Licensed User
Longtime User
[OFF-TOPIC] No cellar? no problem!

Can you imagine, I live at Bordeaux but my house does not have a cellar :-(

Well, I live in the Penedès region and I don't have a cellar either, but I can recommend you a cheap, non-space-hungry solution: buy a cheap, small fridge ("cheap" as in "just keep things cold and don't give me any extras", and "small" as in "80cm tall and no freezer") and put it at minimum power. Just remove the drawers, veggie trays, etc and leave only the flat trays. Arrange them in a way you can put bottles. Depending on the model, you may need to build additional trays yourself (just cut a piece of plastic or metal to the appropiate size). It is a very good solution because you keep the wine in a temperature-controlled environment. Whites and cavas are always ready to drink, and reds just need to be taken out of the "cellar" a while before drinking. :sign0060: