Beta wish - make find/replace window dockable

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by Dave O, May 29, 2015.

1. Dave O

Dave O Active Member Licensed User

Wish - Make the F3 Find/replace window dockable, so it's easier to manage.

Right now, on a 24" screen, I have a nice big empty spot at the bottom right (the Watch window is much wider than I need), and it would be great to be able to dock the Find window there. I'm sure others would have their own favourite spots for this frequently used window.

I do like that it no longer stays on top of other apps. Much easier to live with, thanks!

2. Peter Simpson

Peter Simpson Expert Licensed User

You should have created this post under Wish list as it's not a bug or an issue.

3. Dave O

Agreed, thanks.

Moderator: Please move this post to Wish list.

4. Erel

Erel Administrator Staff Member Licensed User

You should use the quick search (ctrl + f) as the default find tool. You can dock it as needed. It is much more powerful than the find / replace dialog (for searching).

5. Dave O

Yes, I've been retraining myself to use Ctrl-F instead of F3 for Search.

One thing I miss is that in 4.3, I could do Ctrl-F, type my query, hit Return, then keep hitting F3 to repeat the search.

Now that I'm using Ctrl-F in 5.0, there doesn't seem to be an easy way to go to the next occurrence (not Return, not F3). Is there one?

Peter Simpson likes this.
  6. Erel

Erel Administrator Staff Member Licensed User

Currently no. However the search results are highlighted in the code editor and are also marked near the scrollbar.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice