Wish: Purchase Price for this product was less expensive

Harris

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Just Kidding!!!!!

After shelling out hundreds upon hundreds for all the Windows development CRAP I foolishly purchased over the years - this product is a bargin at 10times the pro fee.

If only Bill had produced such great stuff, and didn't stiff them in the process, he wouldn't have so many people pissed at him. Of course, he wouldn't be the gazillionarre his is now had he not swindled our dollars...

This product, and its' founder, should win some type of reward/recognition that lets the development community out there know how 99.9 percent of the (large number of) followers feel.

It amazes me that it took a building full of MS developers to make a product like Word unuasble by most these days. Also, equally amazing is how one person (essentially) keeps creating useablity and functionality (each week) without making a monster out of it....

This stuff is rare. Small team, happy followers, easy to use, keeps getting better, does everything, no Bull S$%# and very low cost.

:sign0089:

Kevin

Licensed User
Longtime User
Haha! My very first thought when reading the title was "Do you know how many hundreds of dollars I've spent on each copy of VB over the years?!"

Too funny! Agreed, a hell of a bargain is what B4A is!

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Nice title lol.

I completely agree.

Erel has created something rather special here. But without the community contributions, it would not be as special :)

As they say in 'Night Rider'. One man can make a difference...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

mc73

Licensed User
Longtime User
Being used to pay a lot of money everytime i'm buying development tools, when I saw b4a's price I thought that it's just a small experimental ide. I got very surprised when I realized that was not the case! This thing rocks, making development extremely fast. This is also the real reason I'm trying to help other users here; I felt like I cheated at this very low price. :)

barx

Licensed User
Longtime User
Let's not all say its well cheap though as when it comes to renewal time we could all be shocked for different reasons ;)

Personally, I think its just the right price for a great development environment that entices new possible developers to 'give it a go'.

Its great value and I hope that aspect of it doesn't change ;)

Sent from my HTC Desire Z

Harris

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Let's not all say its well cheap though as when it comes to renewal time we could all be shocked for different reasons ;)

Personally, I think its just the right price for a great development environment that entices new possible developers to 'give it a go'.

Its great value and I hope that aspect of it doesn't change ;)

Sent from my HTC Desire Z

I just renewed my enterprise version.
I have paid more for a medium quality bottle of wine, or a cheap pair of sneakers or Levi's jeans!!!

kickaha

Licensed User
Longtime User
Well I came into this thread to give the OP a good kicking :sign0161:

Personally, I really hope tha Erel is making a more than comfortable living out of his creations, otherwise I would feel like I am stealing from him.

Harris

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Well I came into this thread to give the OP a good kicking :sign0161:

Personally, I really hope that Erel is making a more than comfortable living out of his creations, otherwise I would feel like I am stealing from him.

Make the subject line grab your attention: GOT YA! (got Erel too but he reads EVERY post, so no surprise)

I agree. I hope he sells it to Google (or the like) and retires as an active (very wealthy) director, advisor and contributor - ensuring the product remains what it has been and what it is today. It certainly qualifies... Many less performing products have done so - THIS is exceptional. Hello Google - got your ears on?

PHB2

Licensed User
Longtime User
What makes the price even more special is the price of competitor IDE's - have a quick look at the prices for monodroid and make sure you are sitting down when you do so.

I have to say that my dev language of choice is C#, but the very enjoyable learning curve with basic4android together with the buoyant and professional community here has meant I have relished developing android apps with basic4android.

What is ALSO great is that whatever your hurdle or problem is, chances are this community has either solved it already or will go out of their way to help you. You can't put a price on that!

rbsoft

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yep - awesome value for the price!