[WISH] SmartWatch aka LiveView library

nemopeti

Licensed User
Longtime User
I like to ask you for a library for the SmartWatch product.

Se this links, for the developer information, and SDK:

http://developer.sonymobile.com/knowledge-base/tool-guides/download-the-new-smart-extension-sdk-and-create-smart-extras-apps/

Direct link to SDK:
Smart Extension SDK – Developer World

Regards,
Peter

RiskFour

Licensed User
Longtime User
That would be nice to have this library..!

LisaM

Licensed User
Longtime User
My wish also, I have a smartwatch and i think it would great to use B4A to make apps for it.!

GMan

Licensed User
Longtime User
+1 :sign0087:

v150klaus

Licensed User
Longtime User
please , anyone can help ? A library and a tutorial that would be powerfull !
I think it would be very cool to use this android watch and many users would be very happy.:sign0060::sign0060::sign0085:

v150klaus

Licensed User
Longtime User
please help with a library ! ! I tryed myself with eclipse but it dont get it run.
sony smartwtch or headset and smart extensions sdk. pleeaaassseee !!:sign0085:

v150klaus

Licensed User
Longtime User
same for the new google glass !
but more priority in the moment Sony SMARTWATCH.
Master of B4A please help.
Erel said it is a quiet easy library !?! But no one helps !?
:sign0148:

alexb

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Ere and community, also would like to ask if there is any update on this question. SONY will release new SmartWatch2 in a few weeks and they also opened the whole platform recently. There are already a lot of apps for this device out but more could be done and it's one of the few areas where Apple does not have a reply yet.

barx

Licensed User
Longtime User
it is almost impossible to create such library without having the hardware to test. Each time I personally create a library, I end up testing many many times before it works correctly. without the hardware, no such testing is possible. I personally would like a pebble. And if I get one I will try to create the lib for that (if needed). The original smart watch by Sony was deemed very buggy at best. I looked at getting one a few months ago, but didn't see one good review.

barx

Licensed User
Longtime User
is this update for the original or the 2nd generation?

barx

Licensed User
Longtime User
and is the original still locked to xperia phones only? or any android device now?

alexb

Licensed User
Longtime User
This is the SmartWatch version that is currently still on sale, the Smartwatch2 is due to be released to market in September. The device is NOT locked to Sony HW, I am using it with a Galaxy Note (1) and an Asus Transformer. Just had to install this Liveware manager from Google App store and could connect without any problems with the 2 devices.

alexb

Licensed User
Longtime User
this then?
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=330970362473

I'm sure that there are 2 versions. I was looking at these probably 6 months ago. but let it go because of the bad rep they had. this update sounds I've it solves them issues.

I believe the photo was from here were is also shown a compatibility list in the bottom:

http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/products/accessories/smartwatch/specifications/

The one I have looks like on the photos but the description on Ebay (Model No) I cannot confirm. On my packaging it says 'ERSMARTWATCH.A' where some other product IDs are shown but no number matches that one from Ebay. The product name is simply 'Smart Watch'. I also believe there was a similar product that came out before 2012 but I do not know how it was called. That is maybe why on Ebay it is called 'SmartWatch 2'.

The new Smartwatch 2 (according to Sony numbering) is shown here:
http://blogs.sonymobile.com/category/press-releases/

barx

Licensed User
Longtime User
Ok, I am trying to pick a unit up cheap off of eBay. if I get one I will attempt the lib. Cannot make any promises mind...

barx

Licensed User
Longtime User
OK, i've done a little more research and this video shows the 2 different units i was talking about.

I'm assuming the required unit is the chrome trimmed SONY unit and not the older MN800 Sony Ericsson unit.

the SE MN800 can be had for quite cheap, the SONY MN2 on the other hand.......