Wishes, mainly, for the IDE

Discussion in 'Basic4ppc Wishlist' started by klaus, Jun 8, 2010.

1. klaus

klaus Expert Licensed User

I'm glad to hear that the Android version is on the go. http://www.basic4ppc.com/forum/questions-help-needed/6004-connection-name.html

But at the same time I'm afraid that some wishes will be put in the background and not beeing fullfilled.

I had a wish, for the IDE, which is still important to me, as reported here: http://www.basic4ppc.com/forum/basic4ppc-wishlist/1199-ide-form-designer.html
    It is really boring to search for a Control only with the Next button, most of the time I pass it and there is no
    mean, at least to go back. So I must go through all Controls and mostly missing it twice.
    My wish is:
    - having a ComboBox to select any Control in the Form.
    - or at least a Previous button to go back, but this would, really only, be the minimal feature.
    - the ideal function would be: selecting the Control in the IDE, displaying directly the Form Designer with the selected Control brought to front, but this is, i'm afraid, only a dream.

- Other wishes for the IDE
    - beeing able to set a Panel in a Panel without having the need to use the FormLib library.
    - beeing able to set the TextAlign paramter for Labels and TextBoxes directly in the IDE.

Another wish is about the variables:
    - the possibility to pass array variables by reference in Sub's.
    - integer variables as iterators in For-Next loops, and treated as Integers and not as Double (Number). I
    remember that in VisualBasic (VB6 and older) For-Next loops with Integer iterators were much faster than with Double iterators.
    But Double iterators must still remain available !

The first one, for me, is the most important, really boring and not only sometimes but too often for me!
    I have the habit to use several Panels on a same Form instead of having a lot of different Forms.

Best regards.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice