iOS Question WKWebview on start problem

stevenindon

Licensed User
I have been having this problem for almost more than 6 months now and unable to solve it.
My application is running on WKWebview - full screen and application contents are just html in the server.

The problem : Every time when i start the application, It flicks my history page for a few second... and start running my first html page (First html page *Splash Screen ..is in the phone). Please see video :

This application can be download and install from IOS App Store (Anyone who wanted to download and install to see the problem) :

I am running on iphone 6 ( IOS12.5.5 ). I found that WKWebview has the same problem even by creating a bare minimum app with it. How can i get rid of the history flick ? This is driving me crazy and my customer has been complaining about this for a long time.

I found that the history flick happens even before - Root.LoadLayout("MainPage") ... probably a cache from the app itself (*Not WKWebview)

Last edited:

jahswant

Licensed User
Longtime User
The phone you’re testing your application on is a very old device. I have iPhone XS but I can’t reproduce your scenarios. You won’t be able to fight this. I think it’s either OS or iPhone issue.

Upvote 0

stevenindon

Licensed User
@ jahswant : Thank you for the info.

@Erel.... replaced WKWebview with internal Webview. Result is the same. I suspect the flick history image comes from the app on launch.

My Test : Compiled the app and run the app (*showing webview)... after 5 minutes, I add a full screen white panel on top of webview...compile again and run the app again. I still see the history flick image (On this second run)

The history flick happens even before - Root.LoadLayout("MainPage") ... probably a cache from the app itself (*Not WKWebview / Webview)

Upvote 0