Working with Basic4ppc libraries - new tutorial and reference

BjornF

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank you, interesting reading :)

Would it be possible to also do a pdf-version?

all the best / Björn

mjcoon

Licensed User
Sort of on the same topic... There are many *.chm help files for B4PPC additional libraries, lots of them written by Andrew Graham. But in common with the built-in Help each topic links to detailed explanations which are not accessible in Windows 10. Is there a way of getting access to these essential details within Windows 10 by using some freebie code?

mjcoon

Licensed User
Can you give me a concrete example Mike? My Basic4PPC libraries help files seem fine to me still, but maybe I don't use the ones you are using.
Yes, sorry, I was misleading. The additional libraries files are fine and complete in themselves. It is the Basic4ppc.chm file that is the problem and I think it is a problem that arose with Win10 but I hope there is a workaround. And it is when additional detail is essential, such as in the screenshot
ArrayList: Properties and Methods which have HTML links which seem to be live but do not lead to visible content. Is it possible to redirect to the missing text?

Attachments

• ArrayList.png
    ArrayList.png
    31.6 KB · Views: 40

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I think it is something to do with Internet Explorer being retired. Try this help file. It works on my Win 10 and Win 11 systems. It is for my own very much improved version of Basic4ppc Desktop as you will see. It is compiled with a later version of HelpNDoc than the original help

Attachments

• Basic4ppc.zip
    492.2 KB · Views: 26