Xenforo 2

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
At some point next year we will move to the new major version of Xenforo (the software that powers this forum).

They have released an early beta demo: https://xf2demo.xenforo.com/

I want to say that in the last 3-4 years B4X products and the forum went through significant changes especially in their look.

Usually the change was not very welcome for me but after a while of use i noticed that the change was quite successful.
Once again, the new Xenforo does not look very nice for me but I'm sure (from experience) that after a short time I will get used to it and forget how the old version was like i can't remember how the old forum was before the last update :confused:

This approach made me realize that we should not be afraid to make a significant change to our apps either and this is what i am going to do. update an very old app with a new fresh look even if i already know that i will get lots of bad ratings but i am sure that after a while my users will get used to it and see the benefits of the new update. so thanx for that and good luck with the new Forum :)

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
can't remember how the old forum was before the last update
SS-2016-11-29_08.34.15.png

I agree with everything you wrote. Change is never easy and it takes time to get used to the new looks.

In this case there is no real choice as it is not possible to keep running an outdated software for too long.

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
wow, comparing the old forum look with the updated one i must say the old looked terrible even if i didnot liked the update. or its maybe because i am used to the new look :confused:

Jaames

Licensed User
Longtime User
Same with me, I hated the new forum at first, but from this perspective, OMG how much new forum is better , so learned from that experience, can't wait for the new forum :)

Inman

Licensed User
Longtime User
As much as I like this new forum, the one feature I miss from the old one is the ability to search inside a particular thread. For example, how do I search a keyword within this thread alone? Maybe it is hidden somewhere but the old forum had a "search this thread" box.