XenForo is coming...

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm happy to say that in a few weeks we will migrate the forum to a new platform named XenForo: XenForo Community

The current script, vBulletin 3.6 was installed in 2007. It served us well. However vBulletin has since didn't improve. Newer versions (4 and especially 5) are actually much worse.

It will not be an easy change as we are all used to this forum software. However in the long run it offers many advantages, better security, better performance and much better development process.

Check the Resources module: Resources | XenForo Community it can be a great way to manage the libraries and other add-ons.

Note that all the existing threads and user accounts will be migrated to the new platform automatically.

Jaames

Licensed User
Longtime User
Congratulations

Congratulations ! I'm sure it will be even better Basic4android experience. :)

XverhelstX

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank you. As a preparation to the new forum the server configuration was optimized.

The whole site should now run much faster. Will be happy to hear your feedback about the performance.

Great Erel!

Will the new forum contain:
- More space to upload files?( libraries, apk, ...)
- Ability to change topic titles?
- For questions and answers topic it would be handy to add a solved/unsolved case to it. (To the start of the topic title

Regards,
Tomas

thedesolatesoul

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I think that the search engine is the key here. The current one works quite good however after the forum migration I plan to further improve it.
The search works great (both of them), but personally I think there is more noise. For e.g. in duplicate questions most of the recent ones rise to the top (which are just linking to another thread). Also a lot of threads have some unrelated discussions.

edgeryder1000

Licensed User
Longtime User
The new forum is great, thanks Erel! My only problem with it is that everything is spaced out more, so less content is visible at a time. But other people probably like this. And I miss the old smilies :cool:

cjolly

Licensed User
Longtime User
Felicidades Erel, el nuevo forum se ve FANTASTICO.

Ohanian

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,
It takes few days to get familiar with the new look, but it's good to have a modern forum.
Thank you Erel.

moster67

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Nice Erel !

However, please add support for Tapatalk. I agree, as discussed in the test-forum, that this forum is displayed quite nicely using a browser on the phone but many of us are now so used to using Tapatalk which lets you consult a forum in a very convenient and familiar way. Please... ;)