Android Question XlInt error

mterveen

Licensed User
Longtime User
trying to resolve the compilation issue below. I am porting a working bluetooth app over to wifi. when i add the MLwifi library and define a public variable using that library it gives me the errors below when compiling. if i test the MLwifi in a standalone app it works perfectly. how do i track down/resolve the error? how do you insert the compiler flags noted (i.e. -Xlint:deprecation and -Xlint:unchecked)

appreciate any help...

Screenshot 2018-01-23 09.03.06.png
Screenshot 2018-01-23 09.03.21.png
Screenshot 2018-01-23 09.06.31.png
Screenshot 2018-01-23 09.07.05.png
Screenshot 2018-01-23 09.02.39.png

mterveen

Licensed User
Longtime User
i solved it through dumb luck!! i had another service module called "Wifi" that was started/stopped by another activity. since this was the only other location that a serversocket was used i commented out every line of the service! when that didn't work i removed the entire "Wifi" service module from the program which then compiled successfully. i readded the "Wifi" service module and just as a SWAG i renamed it to "PcConnect". that then compiled. so i reloaded the original "Wifi" service module, renamed it and everything is wonderful!!! i have no idea why that worked or how it affects the MLwifi library but it does. fwiw. curious on where the real problem lies and how you would ever find it based on the error messages above.

Upvote 0