Android Question You're missing an app-ads.txt ...

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
hi all,

by entering my AdMob account i see this message.

You're missing an app-ads.txt for at least 4 app(s). Add an app-ads.txt file now - your ad earnings are at risk.

searching the forum for instruction did not help me. what do i need to do? do i need to create a file named: app-ads.txt and then put inside some text?

how should the txt file look like? what do i need to enter inside and then where do i put this file? if i understand correctly it should be on my FTP server where my domain is right?

do i need to put it also in my apps and upload a new build? please can someone that has done it give me instruction. i only use Admob in my apps.

thanx, ilan

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
maybe it is related to this?

Upvote 0

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
the data you need to put in your file is provided by the ad service.

so you will find it somewhere in the admob/tappx/whatever console.

put them all in 1 file and upload it to the root of your site.

admob will use your developer site setting in google dev / apple connect to check if the file exists.

I had a link to a facebook app page in my apps profile for support reasons now the problem is that I can't upload that file there in the root so I have to change things.

Upvote 0

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
thanx guys,

it was simpler then i thought i just entered admob console and then Apps > view all apps > app-ads.txt > how to set up app-ads.txt

copied the line in point 2 and then created with notepad a file named app-ads.txt and put only that line inside then uploaded to the root of my website and waited few days.
now all my apps are authorized. you also need to make sure that your website is listed in each app store listing in your dev console. thats it.

thanx, ilan

Upvote 0

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
of my website

if you don't have a website/domain yet this means extra costs unfortunately.

altho there are some free services like tappx has where you can put your file but I thought I read somewhere that these will be or are being ignored by google.

Upvote 0

kisoft

Licensed User
Longtime User
@ilan, Have you just pasted this poem? google.com, pub-xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, DIRECT, f08c47fec0783b5. I also have a similar message and I do not know which suppliers to insert, is that enough?

Upvote 0

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
@ilan, Have you just pasted this poem? google.com, pub-xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, DIRECT, f08c47fec0783b5. I also have a similar message and I do not know which suppliers to insert, is that enough?

please ask your question in english next time. i used google translate:

Have you just pasted this poem? google.com, pub-xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, DIRECT, f08c47fec0783b5. I also have a similar message and I don't know which providers to insert, is that enough?

yes thats the only line i entered in the app-ads.txt file. BUT i only use Admob for my ads so if you are using also another ad company then you may need to add more lines. if you use only admobs then thats the line you need to enter. then upload the file to your root folder of your website like www.b4x.com/app-ads.txt

after few days the error msg should be gone from your admob console.

Upvote 0

kisoft

Licensed User
Longtime User
please ask your question in english next time. i used google translate:
Sorry, I corrected the translation. Thank you for the answer, only the list of advertising providers was unclear to me, the rest is clear to me.

Upvote 0