• I'd pay to stop you from creating it

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Good morning everyone,

I was thinking of creating a library for printing with ZEBRA printers via LAN (or WiFI) or Bluetooth.

Do you think it might be of interest?

TILogistic

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
If you want I can help, I have a B4X library that I developed for a company, and I'm still adding new features from other models.

pd:
I was working on the preview of the labels, but due to a lot of work I left it, now I return to it.

Like this example:

Last edited:

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
If you want I can help, I have a B4X library that I developed for a company, and I'm still adding new features from other models.

pd:
I was working on the preview of the labels, but due to a lot of work I left it, now I return to it.

Like this example:
Thanks Omar you are always available and friendly. šŸ˜Š

I already have something myself, but at the moment I would like to understand if the project is worth expanding.

The idea is to have a library that connects its via lan that ble. That allows you to have a preview of the image and that makes it easy to send tests, images, graphics and barcodes without having to know the language.

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I wish I could interpret the models and populate the labels according to the models. In short, I have many ideas, but only one question: does anyone need it?

Xfood

Expert
Licensed User

pd:

Like this example:
the library can be downloaded from b4x forum, you could kindly pass the link thanks a lot

dw_b4x

I would be interested in a Zebra library. Zebra printers are an industrial standard used in most industries.
Having a feature like the Labelary (print preview) would be awesome.

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
It seems that very few people don't care.
Let's give a preview maybe it stimulates interest.

SD_Kebra

Author:
Star-Dust
Version: 0.01
  • LanZebraPrinter
    • Events:
      • Opened (Success As Boolean)
      • Preview (Success As Boolean, bmp As B4XBitmap)
    • Functions:
      • AddBarCode (X As Int, Y As Int, Height As Int, Code As String, TextSize As Int)
        BarCode(50,50,"1234567890",5)
      • AddHorizLine (X As Int, Y As Int, Width As Int, StrokeWidth As Int)
        PrintHorizLine(50,50,700,3)
      • AddRaw (Text As String)
      • AddRectangle (X As Int, Y As Int, Width As Int, Height As Int, StrokeWidth As Int, InvertBrush As Boolean)
        PrintRectangle(50,50,100,100,3)
      • AddRectangleFilled (X As Int, Y As Int, Width As Int, Height As Int, InvertBrush As Boolean)
      • AddText (X As Int, Y As Int, Text As String, TextSize As Int, Bold As Boolean)
        PrintLine(50,50,"Text",50, false)
      • AddVertLine (X As Int, Y As Int, Height As Int, StrokeWidth As Int)
        PrintVertLine(400,100,300,3)
      • Clear
      • Close
      • Initialize (Callback As Object, Event As String)
        Initializes the object. You can add parameters to this method if needed.
      • Open (Host As String)
      • Preview
      • Print
      • PrintAndClose
  • BtZebraPrinter
    • secret

Last edited:

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Preview B4J

1659245035263.png

Preview B4A
1659245370868.png

Last edited:

micro

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi to all
The following is a simple class I wrote some time ago to test the ZPL Viewer API online

B4X:
Sub Class_Globals
    Private fx As JFX
    Private imgw As B4XImageView
    Private xui As XUI
    Public label As String '<
    Public Refresh As Timer
    Public w As Double    = 3.93'larghezza etichetta
    Public h As Double    = 2.65 'lunghezza etichetta
End Sub

'Initializes the object. You can add parameters to this method if needed.
Public Sub Initialize (target As Object)
    imgw = target
    Start
End Sub

Sub Start
    imgw.Clear
    imgw.ResizeMode = "FIT"
    imgw.CornersRadius = 4
    Refresh.Initialize("Refresh", 2500)
    Refresh.Enabled = True
End Sub

Sub LoadView
    Refresh.Enabled = False
    Dim j As HttpJob
    j.Initialize("", Me)
    'Dim labelstr As String = File.ReadString(File.DirApp, "Prod_coop.prn")
    'j.PostString("http://api.labelary.com/v1/printers/8dpmm/labels/3.937x2.755/0/",labelstr)
    j.PostString($"http://api.labelary.com/v1/printers/8dpmm/labels/${w}x${h}/0/"$,label)
    j.GetRequest.SetHeader("Accept", "image/png")
    Wait For(j) JobDone(j As HttpJob)
    Dim b As Boolean = j.Success
    If b Then
        Dim out As OutputStream = File.OpenOutput(File.DirApp, "label.png", False)
        File.Copy2(j.GetInputStream, out)
        out.Close
        imgw.Load(File.DirApp, "label.png")
    End If
    j.Release
    Refresh.Enabled = True
End Sub

Sub Refresh_Tick
    If label.Length > 0 Then CallSub(Me,"LoadView")
End Sub

TILogistic

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
you server label zebra:

Preview and Other

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm glad this topic is coming to life.

There are several who have already produced code, but I am amazed that no one has tried to share until today.

I tried my hand at last Wednesday and I was already thinking of sharing a library since I didn't find one on the forum.

Here is my invitation why not share a library?

TILogistic

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm glad this topic is coming to life.

There are several who have already produced code, but I am amazed that no one has tried to share until today.

I tried my hand at last Wednesday and I was already thinking of sharing a library since I didn't find one on the forum.

Here is my invitation why not share a library?
I have NOT shared and have put the B4X library up for sale, because it was developed for a company that distributes Zebra brands, but I give the links for which I base myself on the project.

This last link is the most complete, since it has the client and server environments.

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I have NOT shared and have put the B4X library up for sale, because it was developed for a company that distributes Zebra brands, but I give the links for which I base myself on the project.

This last link is the most complete, since it has the client and server environments.
Thanks my friend.
I was referring in general not to you whose spirit of mutual aid I know, nor to others developers in particular.

But in general I have heard that others have done the same job and I am practically the newcomer. Maybe they've had some brighter ideas as often happens.

amorosik

Expert
Licensed User
What exactly does a 'library for a barcode printer' do?
I ask this because I often use the Zebra or other brands and have always driven them by creating the single label as a text file with the commands and copying this file on the port corresponding to the printer using the operating system commands.
And so I can't understand exactly what is meant by 'barcode printer driver'

Leandro Vaufran Stievano

Licensed User
Good morning everyone,

I was thinking of creating a library for printing with ZEBRA printers via LAN (or WiFI) or Bluetooth.

Do you think it might be of interest?
I find it very interesting,
coincidentally I'm starting research to print to an Argox OS-214 printer with USB connection, if your lib works for that case too, I'm very interested in buying a license

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I find it very interesting,
coincidentally I'm starting research to print to an Argox OS-214 printer with USB connection, if your lib works for that case too, I'm very interested in buying a license
At least it only prints LAN and Wifi and I'm working with Bluetooth ... the last step will be USB.
Follow the conversation for updates