B4A Library ZXingLib by icefairy333 - modified by Johan Schoeman (Scan QR Codes and other 1D/2D Barcodes)

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Can you guide me to add those permissions?

joe.dai

Erel :
thank you ! runtime-permissions add is ok , Worked
but scan qrcode chinese result is garbled ,
how to fix mistakes ? Thanks for your help.

hatzisn

Licensed User
Longtime User
Maybe it is UTF-8 codes read wrong so you could write something like the following code:

B4X:
    Dim s As String
    's = QRCodeResult
    Dim b() As Byte
    b = s.GetBytes("ASCII")
    s = BytesToString(b,0,b.Length, "UTF8")

joe.dai

hi hatzisn

not work !! thanks

ivan.tellez

Licensed User
Longtime User
how to fix mistakes ?

No QR sample, No actual content of the scan result. no comparison with what is scanned with another app... It is a guessing contest?

You can try to debug and see what is the binary content of the result and work from there.

joe.dai

No QR sample, No actual content of the scan result. no comparison with what is scanned with another app... It is a guessing contest?

You can try to debug and see what is the binary content of the result and work from there.

i change new library is ok !!

thanks all

loonet

Licensed User
Thanks Johan Schoeman for yoyr great job.
Using the libraries 1.05 and 1.06 I obtain the following exception when scanning a Qr code or every normal barcode.
How can I solve it ?

Is it possible to send the scan result to a EditText positioned on the same activity of the scan button ?

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
How can I solve it ?
1. You should NEVER post to existing threads. Always create a new thread in the questionsforum for any question/issue you have.
2. You should post errors as TEXT (right click to copy)
3. You need to provide more informations. As the error is telling about a wrong event_signature. But you are giving ZERO Info how your code looks like. Especially the Event_signature

Hello Johan

First, I apologize for my English. I just signed up for the B4X Programming Forum and I don't know if I'm contacting you correctly (I couldn't find your email address).

I did tests with your example of QrCode detection and liked the result. I made a donation through PayPal (Transaction ID: 7SR3134370589415D) and would like to know how to remove protection to use it in a personal use application.

Congratulations for your work and for the interaction with the other members.

Thanks.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…