iOS Question YA Missing Push Notification Entitlement

igodese

Licensed User
Hi All.
After sending my first App to review, I received an email message like this:

Missing Push Notification Entitlement
- Your app includes an API for Apple's Push Notification service, but the aps-environment entitlement is missing from the app's signature.

I have seen many similar threads in the forum and the answer, generally, is: "It's a warning, ignore it".
Ok this is easy and simple, but I don't like "warnings" in my programs.

Is there a brief and clear description of "Push Notification" and its "Entitlement" ?

What it means ?

What's the purpose ?

How can I create such "Entitlement" in order to clear the warning ?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated, thanks.

tufanv

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
There are too many topics in the forum about this. You can use the search function and find them. It menas nothing. We all get the same mail for each submission. So Dont Worry.
Hi All.
After sending my first App to review, I received an email message like this:

Missing Push Notification Entitlement
- Your app includes an API for Apple's Push Notification service, but the aps-environment entitlement is missing from the app's signature.

I have seen many similar threads in the forum and the answer, generally, is: "It's a warning, ignore it".
Ok this is easy and simple, but I don't like "warnings" in my programs.

Is there a brief and clear description of "Push Notification" and its "Entitlement" ?

What it means ?

What's the purpose ?

How can I create such "Entitlement" in order to clear the warning ?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Upvote 0

igodese

Licensed User
Hi, tufanv.
Thanks for your answer. I searched in the forum for the thread subject, but almost all the answers were "ignore it".
So, I used as title "YA Missing Push etc..." (Yet Another).
I understand it's just a warning, but I'm from "old school", were any compilation must end with "0 errors, 0 warnings".
It's difficult to change my habits at sixty !

Anyway, it's relaxing to know that this warning will not block the route to publishing, but I want to know what means "Missing Push Notification Entitlement", even if it's not mandatory :) I think the Apple site will be the best place for docs about this.
I just asked on this forum, in case there were people, informed on the subject, that can give me a quick resume of the story, just the essentials.
Ok, thank you again !

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Explanation: Apple is scanning the compiled code and see that your code handles an event that is related to push messages and the push feature is disabled in the provision profile. It is there because it is part of the core library. It doesn't do anything bad and it cannot be used in any way unless you configure push notifications. You should just ignore it.

Upvote 0

igodese

Licensed User
Ok, thank you, Erel. I've just received a communication from Apple. My first App is on the Apple Store right now. :)

Upvote 0