How much do you earn via your Android app [paid or free]?

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User

moster67

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Also, I usually do not trust who seems to be member since many years (5.5) but has only written a few posts (79)! (and there are too many of this kind of members, I think).

There are many developers here who have published great apps and which are giving them really good earnings and still they only have a few posts in the forum. They use the forum to find the info they look for.
No need need to make thousands of posts to write an app or two.

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I really dont understand why my apps doesnot do well on ios.
I have about 19 apps but did in 2.5 years <100 $ on sales :(

What am i doing wrong?

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I really dont understand why my apps doesnot do well on ios.
I have about 19 apps but did in 2.5 years <100 $ on sales :(

What am i doing wrong?
If you do not succeed, we have no hopes:(:(

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
it makes me really unmotivated to keep doing apps for ios.
i have spent more then 1000$ (3*99$, 550$ macmini, 2*99$ b4i, ...) but did less then 100$.
i even did not get any payment from them until now.

really sad... :(

ios.png

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
i have spent more then 1000$ (3*99$, 550$ macmini, 2*99$ b4i, ...) but did less then 100$.

View attachment 56649
It is disappointing, many say that by developing for ios you earn more

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
It is disappointing, many say that by developing for ios you earn more

Sorry to disappoint you but you need to know that every coin has 2 sides.

I had no luck with ios but it doesnot mean that you also wont have luck so my suggestion is to try :)

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
1000$ !!!!! nooooo too expensive :p:p

Last edited:

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User

View attachment 56649
Virtual Box with ios?

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
There are many developers here who have published great apps and which are giving them really good earnings and still they only have a few posts in the forum. They use the forum to find the info they look for.
No need need to make thousands of posts to write an app or two.
There are also very "old" members who have written very few posts and ask things like, "What is a Label?" (I have exaggerated but these are the levels).
Generally I'm more inclined to think they have false licenses.

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I guess it went up slightly. a straight and static sales is strange. quick math would say €160/€4=40 40*12*5=2500 installs but you have indeed <1000.

nothing wrong with that as long as the money keeps rolling in ;) well done!

and for IOS... I only have free game apps with ad remover in 2 of them which barely sells.
so that's not really profitable but the ads revenue pays back my yearly dev account license tho.

karld

Licensed User
Longtime User
Sorry I was peevy last night. I was not in a good mood and snapped back. I should not do that.
I only do not do much app development. Just a hobby thing. I was very lucky that the only app I wrote was somewhat successful.
If I could think of another 10 like that I could retire.
You can't just upload an app and hope it sells. I marketed mine to technical forums for the gas pump industry. That was the target audience.
A general consumer would have no interest in the app I wrote.

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Sorry I was peevy last night. I was not in a good mood and snapped back. I should not do that.
I only do not do much app development. Just a hobby thing. I was very lucky that the only app I wrote was somewhat successful.
If I could think of another 10 like that I could retire.
You can't just upload an app and hope it sells. I marketed mine to technical forums for the gas pump industry. That was the target audience.
A general consumer would have no interest in the app I wrote.
I think it was a good idea. Even if it is not public. Not all Apps are general purpose. Industry-specific apps are important and often do better because they are geared to actual and specific needs.

You've also picked the App price well, even this is not a faicle. Knowing how much they would be willing to aspire to your App is difficult, to make them pay too little or too much.

tufanv

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
ios is my only source of money. Ilan you spend too much time on greating great apps but game market is too hard for indie developers I think.

Sorry to disappoint you but you need to know that every coin has 2 sides.

I had no luck with ios but it doesnot mean that you also wont have luck so my suggestion is to try :)

andymc

Licensed User
Longtime User
ios is my only source of money. Ilan you spend too much time on greating great apps but game market is too hard for indie developers I think.
I'm making a good income from Android games apps right now. It is luck, but I think picking popular game types helps too.

eps

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
At the moment it's only about £1 a day average.. Which isn't good enough - thankfully it's just a hobby for me.

New App should go live in 1 to 2 weeks - will see how that does... :)

It is about luck, I've also tried to make sure that Apps I create are something I would use or would want to use. Of course they may not be the most popular but at least they will be used by me!