iOS Question Creditcard payment for online store

fasilosman

Licensed User
Longtime User
HI All,
I would like to develop online store app. I have poor idea how to handle the creditcard payments.
Could anyone please explain me how to add payments in online store app.

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
there is a paypal IOS SDK so i guess Apple allow to use Paypal Payments in your IOS App.
you may need to provide a SandBox Account so they can test the Payment when they review your app!

the question now is if you decide to use Paypal for you payments then you may need to find someone to wrap for you the Paypal SDK to a b4i/b4a lib

Upvote 0

tufanv

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Dont forget that if the item you are selling is not a tangible one , it will probably be rejected as you have to use apple for payment.

Upvote 0

azzam223

Licensed User
Longtime User
Dont forget that if the item you are selling is not a tangible one , it will probably be rejected as you have to use apple for payment.

what you mean tufanv I Created last week app sell services And Added paypal link And open it though through app.openurl function but the apple rejected it IF I use paypal through webview it will approved or not

Upvote 0

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

azzam223

Licensed User
Longtime User
So that is IF the product not physical the apple will rejected because that He rejected my app :(

Upvote 0

azzam223

Licensed User
Longtime User
I use Design and translation services

yes I know but services cost is not fixed because that I can not use in-app

Upvote 0

tufanv

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I use Design and translation services

yes I know but services cost is not fixed because that I can not use in-app

As I know, if the item is a physical one it is ok to use paypal but if it is a digital item like a service , why would apple allow you to use paypal instead of their own payments service ? They will lose %30 when you use apple. So everyboday can use paypal to avoid %30 apple fee. The rule is clear at guidelines of apple :

Apps may not include buttons, external links, or other calls to action that direct customers to purchasing mechanisms other than IAP.

if you post the rejection message by Apple here , we can understand better the rejection. But what you say doesnt make any sense to me. Anybody can say , my price is not fixed for any service to avoid %30 fee. Apple will probably not accept it. but as i said , post the rejection msg , we can understand better.

Last edited:
Upvote 0