Android Question [SOLVED] - B4XDrawer - Shadow on the right side of the sliding drawer

rleiman

Licensed User
Longtime User
Greetings,

I was looking at the properties of the B4XDrawer and wanted to add a shadow on the right edge of the drawer like in this photo I attached, but didn't see any shadow property. Do you know how he got it to look like that? The sample project that comes with this library doesn't have the shadow applied to the sliding drawer.

It's a really nice library.

Maybe someone has the sample B4A project that belongs to this photo because I would also like to see what library was used for the year and month "wheel" views.

Thanks.

material drawer.png

rleiman

Licensed User
Longtime User
The screenshot is from B4i. The date wheel is a native iOS control.

Try to change the left panel elevation:
B4X:
Dim p As Panel = Drawer.LeftPanel
p.Elevation = 10dip
Thanks for the coding. It didn't seem to make much difference to make it look like your ios screenshot, but after looking at the same type of material drawer on the Google Play app, I noticed it looked the same without the raised shadow so I'm marking this post as solved.

The best part about your reply is that I learned a handy technique on accessing all of the properties found in the designer of the panel like width etc that I can now change in code as needed. :)

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0