Android Question usbserial 2.5 lib demo app ... where ?

peacemaker

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
HI, All

Strange, that cannot find on the forum.

emexes

Expert
Licensed User
V2.4 is available here: http://www.b4x.com/android/forum/th...pports-more-devices.28176/page-11#post-259167
This update adds support for devices connected to multiple USB adapters.

V2.5 is available as an attachment to this post. It is identical to version 2.4 referenced aboce but adds the required flag for Pending Intents when targeting SDK 31+.

I'm guessing that the demo included with V2.4 was deemed a good-enough demo for V2.5 also.

If it isn't, then looks like you've scored yourself an opportunity to get on to Santa's good list. 🎅

Upvote 0

peacemaker

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks !
Tried, but my CH34x example is not supported :(

Last edited:
Upvote 0

emexes

Expert
Licensed User
Tried, but my CH34x example does not supported :(

Well, that aligns with the V2.4 documentation:

*UsbSerial supports various popular chips that support serial emulation over a USB connection
*and provides a common API to communicate with them all.
*The devices recognised by this library include:
*Various Prolific PL2303 based USB serial devices.
*Various FTDI FT232 based devices including Arduinos that use FTDI USB serial chips.
*The FTDI "status byte" bug on reading input in version 1.0 of this library is fixed.
*Various Arduinos that use an Atmel 8U2 or 16U2 programmed as a CDC ACM Virtual Comport.
*USB versions of the Roboclaw controller which act as an CDC ACM Virtual Comport in mode 15.
*Silicon Labs CP2102 and possibly others of that series of USB to UART Bridges.

but there is also a glimmer of hope here:

*Supported devices are recongised by the combination of their VendorID and Product ID, a list of which is
*precomiled into the library. A device that is compatible with one of the four device drivers listed above
*but that is not recognised may be supported using the SetCustomDevice method. this is most likely to be useful
*for devices implementing the USB CDC (Communications Device Class) ACM (Abstract Control Model) which is a
*vendor-independent publicly documented protocol.

That'll be "may" as in might, not "may" as in can. :rolleyes:

Note that you might need to install some spyware a driver to the device at the other (non-CH34X) end of the USB cable.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

peacemaker

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
No, it's pure wired USB. It works with felUsbSerial lib. But i hoped that maybe the standard lib started to support, never tried before.

Upvote 0

tulerpeton

Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm guessing that the demo included with V2.4 was deemed a good-enough demo for V2.5 also.

If it isn't, then looks like you've scored yourself an opportunity to get on to Santa's good list. 🎅
Hi!
The website "basic4ppc" is down, where can I find a demo for the library UsbSerial 2.5 ?

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0