Android Question How can I read strings sent from arduino over bluetooth with an B4A application ?

tolisn

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi

I have a question regarding a project that I have. My project involves reading the tire pressure sensors from my car and showing them in an android application over bluetooth.

I have made the hardware to read the sensors with an arduino and so far I can read all four tires and show the pressures on a small LCD screen. Not I want to send this information also to an Android application so I can see it in my car android unit.

The communication will be over bluetooth. Can someone point me in the wright direction as to where to start to develop this application ?

TomKluz

Licensed User
Hello,
I have made similar thing few month ago, reading data sended from arduino device (made by myself) over bluetooth. In my case I have used classic bluetooth solution for HC05 module using examples available on this forum and help of administrator Mr Erel. In fact some aspects are still not solved.
Probably you will overtake quickly basics, if not let me know.
Interesting question is how can you read TPMS sensors ? Can you do it for specific car only or you have done general perpouse device ?

Kind regarsa
TomKluz

Upvote 0

tolisn

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello,
I have made similar thing few month ago, reading data sended from arduino device (made by myself) over bluetooth. In my case I have used classic bluetooth solution for HC05 module using examples available on this forum and help of administrator Mr Erel. In fact some aspects are still not solved.
Probably you will overtake quickly basics, if not let me know.
Interesting question is how can you read TPMS sensors ? Can you do it for specific car only or you have done general perpouse device ?

Kind regarsa
TomKluz
The TPMS sensors have a specific protocol depending on the car. The protocol sends the ID of each sensor, the temperature inside the tire and the pressure of the tire.

Upvote 0

TomKluz

Licensed User
Hello,
Yes, I know that TPMS transmits ID , temp, pressure and also state of battery but I have no idea how to got this 'specific' protocol.
I would like also to read my TPMS sensors.

Upvote 0