Android Question [Solved] How to create a library with Eclipse Version: 2023-06 (4.28.0)?

MicroDrie

Licensed User
I've read a lot inside and outside this forum on how to use Eclipse. Unfortunately, I still can't generate a library without errors.
I am trying to generate a library file with Eclipse. I have therefore created a lib directory and added in the Java file '@DependsOn(values={"android.jar","B4AShared.jar","Core.jar"})' and in the project a lib directory in which I have included these jar files. That's not enough to do an import command, such as 'import anywheresoftware.b4a.BA;' without giving an error message. How do I manage to create a library with Eclipse?

MicroDrie

Licensed User
I'm going to work with it.

Upvote 0

MicroDrie

Licensed User
You must use Java 8 to compile a library with SLC or the XML may not be generated correctly.
Indeed @agraham. Only Java 8 only provides a jar file plus accompanying doclet file that you must use to create the joint source code with Eclipse and compile with SLC. Mission seems successful to create the source files in an SLC structure error-free with Eclipse and to compile with SLC under Java 8. Thanks everyone for the SLC posts with issues and solutions that contributed to the resolution.

Last edited:
Upvote 0