Other B4A v10.9 BETA is available for download

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm happy to release a new BETA update of B4A.

Improvements:
  • IDE performance - several cases where the typing speed became slow were fixed. The speed difference in those cases is significant.
  • B4A SdK Manager v4.0 - bug fixes and minor improvements. It is configured to download a specific set of Firebase libraries.
  • The additional resources package was updated: https://b4xfiles-4c17.kxcdn.com/b4a/resources_06_21.zip. Only needed if you want to reset the SDK or download a new SDK. Note that the bundletool.jar is included in the updated resources package.
    The additional resources depends on Android command line tools: https://www.b4x.com/b4a.html
  • FirebaseAdMob is deprecated and will not work with the updated resources. Google started to reject apps with the old user consent form in some cases. Time to switch to the new FirebaseAdMob2 library:
  • New private signing keys are created with the RSA algorithm, as required by Google.
  • The app bundle feature detects the key signing algorithm and will sign with the correct one. You can explicitly set the algorithm with #SignKeyAlgorithm but in most cases it is no longer required.
  • "after packager" custom build action step.
  • The bridge indicator in the bottom left corner shows the device name.
  • Copying of labels between B4A and B4i preserves the single line property (will work when pasting in B4i once a new version of B4i is released).
  • Add existing modules dialog - option to copy module(s) to parent folder.
  • New and updated internal libraries: XUI Views (2.50), X2 (2.0), Phone (2.51), XUI (2.1), FirebaseAdMob2 (2.12), B4XPreferencesDialog (1.73), OkHttpUtils2 (2.96), B4XPages (1.09), BCTextEngine (1.87), FirebaseAuth (2.01)
  • Recommended targetSdkVersion set to 30. Warning will appear if it is 28-.
  • Bug fixes and minor improvements.
Note that X2 v2.0 includes some breaking changes: [XUI2D] X2 v2.0 - 2021
The old X2 library is attached.

Download link:

Attachments

• old X2.zip
    23 KB · Views: 656
Last edited:

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes yes yes yes yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

1623335171638.png

Yes, that's the one @Erel
Thank you very much as this is much needed for me (and others) that test on multiple devices at the same time and on the odd occasion picks up the wrong device, this is very much appreciated indeed. Wait a minute, their are other updates to the IDE as well, sorry I've not even noticed them ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ddefrain

Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm happy to release a new BETA update of B4A.

Improvements:
  • IDE performance - several cases where the typing speed became slow were fixed. The speed difference in those cases is significant.
  • B4A SdK Manager v4.0 - bug fixes and minor improvements. It is configured to download a specific set of Firebase libraries.
  • The additional resources package was updated: https://b4xfiles-4c17.kxcdn.com/b4a/resources_06_21.zip. Only needed if you want to reset the SDK or download a new SDK. Note that the bundletool.jar is included in the updated resources package.
    The additional resources depends on Android command line tools: https://www.b4x.com/b4a.html
  • FirebaseAdMob is deprecated and will not work with the updated resources. Google started to reject apps with the old user consent form in some cases. Time to switch to the new FirebaseAdMob2 library:
  • New private signing keys are created with the RSA algorithm, as required by Google.
  • The app bundle feature detects the key signing algorithm and will sign with the correct one. You can explicitly set the algorithm with #SignKeyAlgorithm but in most cases it is no longer required.
  • "after packager" custom build action step.
  • The bridge indicator in the bottom left corner shows the device name.
  • Copying of labels between B4A and B4i preserves the single line property (will work when pasting in B4i once a new version of B4i is released).
  • Add existing modules dialog - option to copy module(s) to parent folder.
  • New and updated internal libraries: XUI Views (2.50), X2 (2.0), Phone (2.51), XUI (2.1), FirebaseAdMob2 (2.12), B4XPreferencesDialog (1.73), OkHttpUtils2 (2.96), B4XPages (1.09), BCTextEngine (1.87), FirebaseAuth (2.01)
  • Recommended targetSdkVersion set to 30. Warning will appear if it is 28-.
  • Bug fixes and minor improvements.
Note that X2 v2.0 includes some breaking changes: [XUI2D] X2 v2.0 - 2021
The old X2 library is attached.

Download link:

Thank's a lot @Erel

Upvote 0