Games 2D hex-based game : better solution than a canvas on Scrollview2D ?

TelKel81

Licensed User
Hi,

While drawing on the Scrollview2D InnerPanel's canvas, I exceed memory limit around 25x25 tiles (200-250mb bitmap). I don't think loadbitmapsample will help me here because the main culprit is obviously the huge canvas, not the bitmaps drawn on it (quickly nulled).

What approach would allow me to go in the 50x50 or even 100x100 range ? No matter what the approach is, I would like to be able to keep using the NineOldAndroids module for animations (unless you suggest something even better). Basically I use time interpolators such as "INTERPOLATOR_ANTICIPATE_OVERSHOOT" to simulate movement/combat. I don't have time to draw sprites :)

So if I draw "only according to the user's scrolling", it becomes hard to also adjust views and animations in real-time.

Unless I'm wrong, I couldn't use X2 Framework (X2TileMap) because I use hex tiles ? Even if I could, I'm not sure I could easily use animated views while scrolling ?
Screenshot_20200114-185553.jpg

TelKel81

Licensed User
Thanks for the reply. Now I draw only the visible part but I can't figure out how I can animate views while scrolling the map because the left/top values of the views (on top of the visible part) also change while scrolling (therefore messing up the calculations of the animations). Any advice ? Thanks