Android Example 7 Segment LED Digital Clock

Attached project simulates a 7 segment LED digital clock. No libs other than the B4A core lib are required.
You can also try this analog clock here

DigitalClock.png

Attachments

• DigitalClock.zip
    58.2 KB · Views: 1,622
Last edited:

Johan Schoeman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
It adds the blinking dots as separators between the hours and minutes as well as between the minutes and seconds
You can also try this analog clock here

Have you ever noticed which one of the 7 segments appears the most in the 7 segment LED numbers when they cycle from 0 to 9?

DigitalClockWithDots.png

Attachments

• DigitalClockV1.zip
    59 KB · Views: 1,235
Last edited:

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Have you ever noticed which one of the 7 segments appears the most in the 7 segment LED numbers when they cycle from 0 to 9?
No i have not....
If i should guess i would give my vote intuitiv to

dont´know what the most one is.

Tell me :)

BlueVision

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks Johan, I searched for a simple way to integrate 7-segment-design into my app. It works perfectly for my needs. Really a nice job. Fast, efficient and without wasting ressources. Your coding and your name made it into the credits of my application. I integrated your idea and parts of your coding. Looks surprisingly good. A huge THANKS! from Berlin

Andi

ncc1701mda

Licensed User
Longtime User
Ok.... stupid question I am sure... but - I am just now getting reacquainted with B4A and looking at your code - what I am trying to figure out is why the images appear arranged in a line and centered on the panel when run but in the designer they are not in those positions at all... ?? Thanks in advance...

Mike

Johan Schoeman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Ok.... stupid question I am sure... but - I am just now getting reacquainted with B4A and looking at your code - what I am trying to figure out is why the images appear arranged in a line and centered on the panel when run but in the designer they are not in those positions at all... ?? Thanks in advance...

Mike
I have just placed them randomly. The code in the Designer positions them correctly when you compile and run the project.

If you "click" inside the designer code and then select "run" it will position them correctly in the Designer.

ncc1701mda

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have just placed them randomly. The code in the Designer positions them correctly when you compile and run the project.

If you "click" inside the designer code and then select "run" it will position them correctly in the Designer.
That is exactly what I was missing .... DOH! Thank you!

Mike