Wish Generate Members only if Activity.LoadLayout

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
hi

its more a suggestion then a wish. it happens a lot when you have few classes, activities and code modules that you generate members to the wrong activity.

maybe it could be possible to check if that activity contains Activity.LoadLayout(xxx) before the designer generate the members and if it does not then you get a warning that tells you "You are trying to generate members to an Activity that does not use that layout"

another thing (more a wish)
when you have a log, error in the log list then clicking on it will automatically choose the activity that caused that error and also scroll to the sub (line)

thanx, ilan :)

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
maybe it could be possible to check if that activity contains Activity.LoadLayout(xxx) before the designer generate the members
Usually I create a layout and only after I "update" Activity.LoadLayout; I think that the Designer should display what is the current module shown in the IDE.

another thing (more a wish)
when you have a log, error in the log list then clicking on it will automatically choose the activity that caused that error and also scroll to the sub (line)
It is already implemented... or I have not understood well your "wish" :)

Widget

Licensed User
Longtime User
its more a suggestion then a wish. it happens a lot when you have few classes, activities and code modules that you generate members to the wrong activity.

I've had this happen to me too. I'm not sure what the solution is. Maybe display the .bas file name in the window title so it may dawn on us we have the wrong file loaded.

One more related suggestion. "Generate Members" button should be disabled when the app is running because it doesn't do anything (selected members do NOT get generated when app is running). I've been caught several times wondering where the generated code went to. Then I realized I had left the app running.

So if the Generate Members button is disabled when the app is running, we won't waste our time thinking we've generated code.

TIA