Android Question A quick way to compile and test the app

BerlinCoder

Licensed User
Hi,
I always have a question in my mind. I use B4A bridge in order to compile, run and debug my apps on real devices. But, as all of you know, it takes lots of time for compiling a project properly, for waiting to see the results and so on... Is there any way to have do these process quickly?

mterveen

Licensed User
Longtime User
is there a way to just compile the app so it doesn't look for a device at the end of the compilation to try to install it on?

Upvote 0

coslad

Licensed User
Longtime User
Use rapid debug and USB cable setting USB debug on the real device ;)

Upvote 0

Mark Baars

Licensed User
Longtime User
You do have the drop-down box set to "Debug" and not to "Release" or "Release (obfuscated)" while debugging? If it's set to "Debug" it does not have to re-install after most small changes.

Upvote 0

Widget

Licensed User
Longtime User
I know Mark, but I am still looking for something faster!

1. You haven't said how long the compiles currently takes and how long the install to the device takes.
  2. What type of equipment are you using? (i5? i7? Processors, memory, SSD?)
  3. How large are the files being transferred to the device?
  4. If you are using a USB cable, have you checked the speed of your USB connection? On some computers the rear USB 3 ports are considerably faster than the USB 3 ports on the front of the machine. Disconnect any USB hub you may have on your computer (and thumb drives) and use the rear USB port to communicate with your Android device. See if that speeds things up.

Upvote 0