B4J Question [ABMaterial] ABMaterial on Azure AppService

mcGeorge

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,

I try to move an existing ABMaterial project to Azure App Service.
After I moved it to Azure, I try to open the web page and it hangs - here:

upload_2019-5-8_12-25-22.png

I moved it to another local server for a test and it works immediately. I assume the configuration of the Jetty server / App Service is wrong. Has someone experience with that and can help me?

Thanks in advance.

mcGeorge

Licensed User
Longtime User
Ok, I made several tests with small test application and it works always perfect except ABMaterial. This webpage hangs with that animated icon in the middle of the browser.

Upvote 0

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
are you sure AZURE can run Jar files? I had the "idea" and tried to run an ABM webapp from a shared hosted page, and it never got passed from the loading Indicator...
The web host will read the HTML parts of the ABM app but it will not cope with the dynamic parts that come from the jar file.
Bottom line, I Don't think AZURE can't run jar files and therefore cannot run an ABMaterial WebApp

Upvote 0

mcGeorge

Licensed User
Longtime User
It works with 'normal' B4J (jetty) server application without any problems. I think that is supported since MS supports Jetty Web Apps on Azure.
Only the ABMaterial stuff hangs in the loader process.

Upvote 0

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Change you ABM in order for it to write the logs into file, then try to check them to see if you find something useful

Upvote 0

Harris

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Just checking...
Did you also include the "copymewithjar.needs" file to same folder as the jar?

I have No experience with Azure... Also log it like @Cableguy states. There is a reason....

Upvote 0