B4J Question [abmaterial]abmlabel click event

Hanz

Hello,

Is there a way to click an abmlabel like a button? For instance a label is a name of a person and if you click it you get a person's profile.

Thanks.

Harris

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Good question...

ABMLabel has no events to raise (currently)...
https://www.b4x.com/b4j/help/abmaterial.html#abmlabel

I see where you are coming from thou... I use labels - in Android (B4A) - and it's click event - like a button...

Before all those smart folks determined that any view object could have events, I guess, no one assumed a Label could be clicked on (why?). That's a button's job...
However, someone in our B4X community dev group thought otherwise... guess who (brings us this wonderfulness)...

I suggest you add it, as a request to feedback ( feature / upgrade / wish ) - else - use a button (disguised as a label) in the interim.

Upvote 0

Hanz

Thanks for the reply. There is a click event for the abmlabel. I found it after I posted the question. I did not see it at first because I used different key words and looked at the Demo w/c does not show how to do it. But there is. It was posted by allain.

Upvote 0

Harris

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I know you have stated this (AMBLabel) in the past, but where in our limited gray matter do we store this tidbit?
Unfortunately, we do not have the photogenic mind of Erel (and you).

This is where Search comes to play... (helpful... sometimes not)...

Upvote 0