B4J Question [ABMaterial] ABMTable, How to freeze columns in horizontal scrolling

Anser

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,

Is there a way that I can freeze/prevent one or two columns on the left side of the ABMTable from horizontal scrolling, something like the FreezePane feature available in Excel.

In one of my pages, the ABMTable contains around 15 columns. So to view the whole contents of a particular row, the user has to scroll the screen towards the right.

When this page is viewed on a desktop it is fine ie the user can see the whole row contents, but on smaller devices, it is cumbersome for the user to keep track of the row while scrolling horizontally.

While doing the horizontal scrolling, it would be nice if I could Freeze/stop the first 2 columns from scrolling. The app user is asking me for this. I do not know whether this is possible or not.

Searched the forums and could not find anything related to this. Any hint will be appreciated.

Regards

alwaysbusy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
No, not possible unfortunately. There are some jQuery libraries that claim they can do it with an existing table, but I have no idea what that would do with e.g. the header.
Materialize CSS uses another way to solve this on small devices (the tbl.IsResponsive = True switch) but I'm not a big fan of it myself.

Upvote 0