B4J Tutorial [ABMaterial] Complex PDF Layout and Controls

TripInspect_insp.png

Another small example of what you can do with ABM. (code can follow)...
It is not so much about the page, but what you can do with the creation of the SQL Query.

PDF docs are created on the mobile device and sent to the server, along with updating a table indicating what docs were sent (produced by whom, vehicle and date).

The page is built with defaults using the start date (now - 30 ) and end date (now).

The user is free to modify the start and/or end date range, and further reduce the select table (grid) by defining (trucks or trailers), which driver or which vehicle (or both). Each control action updates the table (and pagination control).

Upon grid item selection, the PDF will be shown (if file exists).

Now use the native PDF viewer controls to print, zoom, rotate and with a little imagination, email to whom ever...

Let's see you do that using...
JAPH
HAPJ

(J- JavaScript, H- HTML, A- Ajax, P- php)

Don't know hat to call it shorthand... (help me out here. There must be a term...)

Thanks

Roberto P.

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello Harris
I have to develop a system similar to what you have realized you: form with so many check and bottuon radio to be included in a precompiled pdf file.

Can you give me a help to understand how to do, or is there an example?

Thank you so much

Harris

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello Harris
I have to develop a system similar to what you have realized you: form with so many check and bottuon radio to be included in a precompiled pdf file.

Can you give me a help to understand how to do, or is there an example?

Thank you so much
I am holidays now returning in 2 weeks. Limited Internet access....

Harris

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
This was created back when B4A did not have code or service modules, hence it is an activity bas.

Note: The writer supports tiny images only... The lib is no longer supported by it's creator.
Formatting a perfect page layout (8.5 x 11) isn't much fun, particularly when you have 3 columns to deal with.
That said, it did the job for me.... (and continues to).

Attachments

• PDFmod.bas
    22.3 KB · Views: 369
  • pdfwriter.zip
    23.6 KB · Views: 319