B4J Question [ABMaterial] page.UseFontAwesome doesn't exist anymore!

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi guys,

Seems like page.UseFontAwesome doesn't exist anymore. How can I use FontAwsome?

Harris

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Support for Font-Awesome icons (1.20)
If you set: page.UseFontAwesome = true, you can also use the Font Awesome Icon library (634 icons in used version Font Awesome 4.6.3). See http://fontawesome.io for a list of icons.

maybe just:
tmpLabel.IconName = "fa fa-expand"

don't know really....

Upvote 0

alwaysbusy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
just add the ones you want in the BuildPage() using page.NeedsIcons.Add("fa fa-expand") or something like that (not on my PC). This has been done to optimize the CSS generation. This is the written in the .needs file so not all FontAwesome icons need to be loaded, only the ones you use.

If you use the icon as Harris describes, you don't need to do the NeedsIcons.Add().

Upvote 0

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I tried, its for a NavigationBar.topItem… I just can't get it to show, the place-holder is visible as when the mouse pointer hovers it reacts...

This is one of the main and BIGGEST issues we have with ABM… The Demo is in desperate need to be, not updated nor upgraded, to be re-created from scratch.
Too many things have changed, but the demo content has not keep up

Upvote 0

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Still no go, I can't seem to make it work…
Material icons seem to be more suitable for Mobile versions, but when targeting Desktop as a main viewing device, the FontAwsome e much more suitable...

So Please!!!! HELP

Upvote 0

Harris

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I use FontAwesome for my B4A apps and Material for my ABM apps.
I'm sorry, I have never tried FA in ABM...

Thanks

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Anser

Licensed User
Longtime User
Still no go, I can't seem to make it work…
Material icons seem to be more suitable for Mobile versions, but when targeting Desktop as a main viewing device, the FontAwsome e much more suitable...

So Please!!!! HELP
If you haven't solved this problem yet then, please compile your ABM application ONCE in the Debug mode and then see whether your problem is solved or not

Upvote 0

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I wouldn't have posted if I hadn't tried it.
The "old" fa fa series work great but the new fas fa series doesn't.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes, but according to your own note, they take longer to load/show...
Anyway, since we can add all fa series, I managed to find all the icons I needed

Upvote 0

MathiasM

Licensed User
You're right.. This works, I hadn't read the docs on the FontAwesome website.
And about newer FontAwesome icons, wouldn't it be possible to inject them via .AddExtraCSSFile and then use them? Or wouldn't that work?

Upvote 0