B4J Question ABMaterial Question

dw_b4x

I am looking at ABmaterial and I have a couple of questions.
1) Is there a way to scan barcodes from a ABMaterial web page. For example I would like to scan a barcode and add that item to an invoice.
2) Is there a way to use the camera on a mobile platform (ipad,cell phone) and take a picture and of course save it to a database

Thank You for your time.

MichalK73

Licensed User
Longtime User
Welcome.
ad.1
The barcode reader sends the string to the computer. So if you set the ABMInput field as text, on which the cursor will be positioned, after pressing the reader button, the read string of digits will be sent to the Input field as if you were typing from the keyboard. Then the method of reading the ABMInput field change will win that there is something new and will execute your code.
ad2.
Yes you can. I did it for a client. After pressing ABMFileInput component there is a selection that is from the camera. The captured photo is quietly saved on the disk. Since you can write to disk, you can safely save to the database. Tested on Android.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

dw_b4x

I was inquiring about using the mobile device's camera as a barcode scanner.
I will further into the camera possibility using the open file option.

Upvote 0

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I was inquiring about using the mobile device's camera as a barcode scanner.
I will further into the camera possibility using the open file option.
Then you may need to create a Banano lib to read the barcode from "client" side and send it to ABM "server"

Upvote 0