B4J Question [ABMaterial] Redirect user to playstore app when accessing by phone to the webapp....

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi guys,

So, the question is not how to accomplish this, as I guess I will eventually get it, but rather if this would be a "polite" and user friendly way of doing things...
My aim is that, if the user tries to access the webapp using his phone, then I would just show a splash screen inviting him to visit the playstore to install a dedicated android app.
But, how does this affect user experience? any insight about this one?

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
So using the WebApp as some kind of advertising for the real product you mean? If so, I don't see why not but a bit of an overkill maybe. It is probably easier (and more flexible) to use some kind of real Website design tool for that.
Actually no...
I want the webapp to be used only on tablets and desktops, for screen consistency, I will then build an android app to interface the Database behind the webapp...
See it more like, if in office, use webapp and full features, if in the field, use the Android app and tthe field dedicated resources.

Upvote 0

Harris

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
want the webapp to be used only on tablets and desktops

When I need device resources, like Bluetooth, GPS, local SQLite storage, off-line ability, etc. - I build a B4A app.

When I don't - I make the web app responsive and hide all the bells and whistles of the main app (the reason for the responsive tutorial).
That's where the many visibility properties comes in handy for each control... ( tblCases.Visibility = ABM.VISIBILITY_HIDE_ON_MEDIUM_AND_BELOW )
That's what I have been doing for the past 2 months...

Sure - it is much work converting ABMtables to CustomCards and the like - but in the end - I end up with one source base to support - for any OS / browser.

Cheers...

Last edited:
Upvote 0