Android Question About StartAtBoot

kuosda

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello, everyone.
Are there restrictions on StartAtBoot usage?
The same program code is used on the simulator is ok, but when placed on the real machine NG

Please provide if there are restrictions, such as Android version, boot mode (Fast Boot or Normal Boot) ...

kuosda

Licensed User
Longtime User
"Fast boot"
I'm also looking for the actual machine (ASUS_Z008D) for testing in "Fast boot" mode but I haven't found it yet.

Upvote 0

kuosda

Licensed User
Longtime User
"StartAtBoot" is available. It turned out to be blocked by another app's startup manager and was pre-set to not start when it was turned on. As a result, the "android.intent.action.BOOT_COMPLETED" broadcast message was not received. Is there a way to handle this?

Upvote 0

kuosda

Licensed User
Longtime User
Why do you need to run your app at boot?
I have written app after the user operates the device to record information passed back to the back end at a fixed time daily for data analysis

Why aren't you using push notifications?
Push notifications are blocked by app's startup manager and can't receive a broadcast message from the "android.intent.action.BOOT_COMPLETED"

How do I join a message like "FLAG_INCLUDE_STOPPED_PACKAGES"
https://www.jianshu.com/p/c014817dd6a3

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
It is not related and will not help if the BOOT_COMPLETED intent is not sent.

One thing that can help is to add an intent filter to handle the undocumented android.intent.action.QUICKBOOT_POWERON action.
B4X:
AddReceiverText(yourservice,
<intent-filter>
    <action android:name="android.intent.action.QUICKBOOT_POWERON" />
</intent-filter>)

Upvote 0

kuosda

Licensed User
Longtime User
Is there a way to receive a "BOOT_COMPLETED" broadcast message over a third-party security app?

Upvote 0