Android Question Access storage from Service

ElliotHC

Licensed User
I'm trying to use the ExternalStorage example to access a known location within the SD card, this location will never change so I don't need to browse to it. I have it as a string.

What I need to do is quite simple but the complexities and additional functionality of the above example are making it extremely difficult to integrate it in to my project. It also doesn't help that there is a separate event module which I have no idea how to merge in to the main project.

Simply put, I need to load the file names from a known folder location in to a list every 1 second in a service. That's it!

e.g. "/storage/0000-0000/DCIM/Camera/"
In that folder
Load all the Image names in to a list.
e.g.
20190809_0800.jpg
20190809_0801.jpg

Unfortunately, I've spent the past 2 days trying to achieve this using the ExternalStorage example, which I can't seem to pull apart and get working in isolation.

I'm pretty sure what I'm trying to do here is a few lines of code and I'm banging my head against a wall trying to figure out the ExternalStorage app.

The reality is, I don't have days to play. This is a small part of a much larger project that I'm trying to get running.

Any help here would be much appreciated. Thanks

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0