Android Question accessibility service

catyinwong

Licensed User
Longtime User
I want to write an app which can read the keyboard keys when a user is typing. for example when the user type "a", then the app service will speak "a".

can our accessibility service library do that? I.e. listen to the keyboard input and then raise an event?

moster67

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
may I have an example code or hints for doing that? i still don't understand the structure of the library.. which event or setting should I use? :(
For your requirements, I haven't investigated much but the wrapper covers most scenarios. It can indeed be a bit tricky but if you follow the WhatsApp sample posted by me and looking at the code you linked to, you should be able to figure it out.
If not, as mentioned in the library thread, I could probably make things easier by doing a custom-library. If this is something which may interest you, then contact me by PM and we can discuss it further.

Upvote 0

catyinwong

Licensed User
Longtime User
searched on the sources for a bit, seems like the tutorial example (the one with whatsapp) does not catch the "TYPE_VIEW_TEXT_CHANGED" event. is it because of the setting in the manifest editor or something else?

Upvote 0