Accessing the FM Radio

jscoulter

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi All.
I want to write myself a small app that at the tap of a button puts my phone into a "mode" for when I am on my Motor bike.
The idea is, it would turn on the Fm radio, and then any SMS messages I receive it would reply to saying I am on my bike, and have it not answer any calls.
I can do everything I think, except the radio part. I wondered if anyone else has any experience turning on the radio or not. From what I can tell from googling around, its not part of the SDK, and is an application that not all phones have....although all the ones I have seen have them.

Thanks Jeremy

jscoulter

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have the phone library 1.34 and I can not find the reference to the PackageManager ANYWHERE.

i.e if I go

Dim p a Phone

p. <<----when the code complete shows there is no reference to the PackageManager. Which leads me to thing I am in the wrong place, but you do say its in the Phone library so I am a little confused.

Jeremy

Upvote 0

jscoulter

Licensed User
Longtime User
Nice try :) but i had already tried that too, but its not showing up.

to add a bit extra, I have looked at the phone.xml file and there isnt even a mention of PackageManager in there.
When I load the phone libraray it tells me that it is 1.34 and I downloaded it from the link in the forum item that annouced that the 1.34 phone library was released........

Jeremy

Upvote 0

jscoulter

Licensed User
Longtime User
Sorted it. I should have had 1.35 version of the Phone Lib.
Anyway, found the FM Radio package and finally figured out how to get it going, so my app. now opens the FM radio.....now for the SMS bit which will be easy...done that before.

Jeremy

Upvote 0

jscoulter

Licensed User
Longtime User
One more question.

To start the FM Radio I call StartActivity(Intent1)

But what if I want to stop it? Can I do that? I dont see a StopActivity() or anything like that so I was wondering if its pos. to close the "Intent" item?

Jeremy

Upvote 0