iOS Question account deletion required from 30/6/2022

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
hi

apple is informing everyone that has account creation option in his app to allow account deletaion

and from 30/6/2022 apps updates that have account creation and do not support account deletion will not be accepted.

what does it mean? if i use in my app "Apple auth"? or "google auth"?
and how can i delete the account after it is already signed in?

thanx

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
can it be that the auth library lets you create account? because they wrote in the mail that my app seems like it is letting the user to create an account

Upvote 0

Computersmith64

Licensed User
Longtime User
hi

apple is informing everyone that has account creation option in his app to allow account deletaion

and from 30/6/2022 apps updates that have account creation and do not support account deletion will not be accepted.

what does it mean? if i use in my app "Apple auth"? or "google auth"?
and how can i delete the account after it is already signed in?

thanx
I've just updated one of my apps to comply with the new requirements. I use an email address for iOS logins (although the message from App Review did say the same applies to accounts using Sign in with Apple). When you authenticate using Firebase, it stores the Identifier (ie: the user name / email address) & the User UID. I use Firebase Authentication to provide access to Firestore & Storage, so to comply with the requirement I added functionality to remove the user details from Authentication, delete any files in Storage & remove their Firestore database. I then log the user out of Firebase & remove their credentials from the keychain.

Before carrying out the deletion, I also give the user the option of copying their data to their local device. In the case of Firestore data, I copy it into a SQLite database using Room.

Fortunately, Firebase have made it easy to delete user data by providing a handy extension called Delete User Data - which will remove all user data if the user is deleted from Authentication. To remove the user from Authentication, you use the deleteWithCompletion method. Once you've deleted the user & removed their data you can just log them out & remove their credentials from the keychain.

- Colin.

Upvote 0

Computersmith64

Licensed User
Longtime User
FirebaseAuth? It doesn't let you create an account. It lets the user uses their Google account to log in.
Firebase Authentication still stores the Identifier & the UUID (& it's not just Google accounts - there are multiple auth providers you can choose from), which have to be removed. You also have to provide the option to delete any data associated with those accounts - so Storage files, Firestore data, etc...

- Colin.

Upvote 0