B4J Question Actionbar to B4J App?

techknight

Licensed User
Longtime User
I know this sounds strange, but I am making an App that runs on a raspberri pi.

I want the user experience similar to that of the Android app, so, I was wondering if its possible to add some type of ActionBar like AppCompat does for android, to a B4J app?

The app will run in a "kiosk" like environment with no desktop or anything along those lines except for the X11 session needed to run JavaFX.

Any ideas? Thanks!

udg

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Going the XUI way, you could set a panel and a few images/labels on it then react to clicks on them. Same if you prefer the jfx standard way of a Pane and other standard components.
A nice ActionBar could be made of a few optional items like a logo image + CLV horizontal scrollview + standard "hamburger" menu.
Items of the CLV will be the "action buttons" for your app (labels, images or whatever best fits your design).

Upvote 0

MarkusR

Licensed User
Longtime User
u can load more than one layout to the form. (at least it works at my last b4a project.)
i would make a custom view control + layout and load / add it to each form.
u can handle the "actionbar" button click events into each form or in a class module.

Upvote 0

techknight

Licensed User
Longtime User
I figured it would be a manual thing, I wish it wasnt. But thats no problem.

So, with the hamburger menu/XUI/etc, How would I do the slide from the left animated hamburger menu? like appcompat does?

My immediate thought would be a layout loaded in a pane, and then use SetAnimated or something, but I am not sure.

Upvote 0