Android Question Adb over wireless without usb cable at all

AscySoft

Licensed User
Longtime User
IS there a way (refelction?) that will enable my phone to listen to adb connection over wifi instead of usb (I don't want a cable connection for debuging my apps)
Keep in mind the title (no cable at all) I just need an instruction/code to turn wifi debug on for phone, instead of USB debug.

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
you can force it by using an usb cable first and then use

"c:\Program Files\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools\adb" tcpip 5555
"c:\Program Files\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools\adb" connect ipaddressofphone:5555

Upvote 0

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
read my lines again. you can only change it from usb to network by using usb first and set it to listening to port 5555.

when that's done you don't need the cable anymore.

Upvote 0

AscySoft

Licensed User
Longtime User
read my lines again. you can only change it from usb to network by using usb first and set it to listening to port 5555.

when that's done you don't need the cable anymore.
I think you don't understand my question. Of course, the standard method for wifi debug till now was, conect with cable, issue some commands, disconnect cable and do whateve you need after (install apps, debug etc).
Is there a way to prepare phone fot tcpip connection without cable in the first place?

Upvote 0

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
there are some apps but they require a rooted phone.

but if they work right that's another case.

Upvote 0

AscySoft

Licensed User
Longtime User
The standar/old method as describe above will work only after a phisical cable connection, and will need this at any time the phone will reboot/restart (to say a least). I think is a security limitation from adb developers, but nowdays it shoud be optional (for advanced users) as therm "developer" suggest.

From the adb dev help book:
"When you connect a device running Android 4.2.2 or higher to your computer, the system shows a dialog asking whether to accept an RSA key that allows debugging through this computer."

With that in mind, any other connection over wifi will not be allowed. So cable I think is mandatory only once; but why is it require at every reboot? Why not make it optional (from phone setting) usb/tcpip after first usb connection?
I know is the wrong thread, or even a wrong domain name to put this question...excuse me please... I am just thinking aloud.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
security you know. if it works just like that you can push apps to everyone's device.

the dev stuff is still hidden behind the version or other button I guess.

Upvote 0

AscySoft

Licensed User
Longtime User
security you know. if it works just like that you can push apps to everyone's device.
Only if you connect first via cable, and accept dialog from phone asking for some device (pc) to be allowed to do debug stuff over phone.

Then PLEASE GOOGLE let it "less secure" for that phone, make it optional/hidden whatever, but let us do our tasks more easily. Belive me, it is not less secure this way.
Enough.

Upvote 0