after 2.5 years with b4x ...

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
and still not a millioner :(

what am i doing wrong? working hard, more then 40 apps... does anyone got the formula for success?

Beja

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi ilan,

Google Store is like a popcorn kiosk.. you set it up and then wait for the kids come and buy.. -but
The secret of success is to write the apps the people wants (or needs), not the ones you want them to buy. When you walk in the street to any destination, the time spent on the road is a waste unless you make use of it! so take off those earphones and close the MP3 player.. look for problems (lol).. there are plenty of them on the streets, then select the one most people are suffering from, and write it down on paper.. then when you come back to your office, or wherever you are working, start thinking of the best solution for that problem and start coding in your free time.
Writing games is like playing lottery, you can guess the probability of success.

Cheers!

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
thanx beja wise words from a wise man ;)

ps: i will do that !! look for problems and try to solve them via app..

Beja

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
@ilan

Sorry for the lecture :)

And if you stay close to government circles then you will find a lot of open-source problems you can work on for free.

D

Deleted member 103

:D

This will be a very easy app.

1 button (centre in the middle) and write on it SELF DESTRUCTION. (BOOM!!) :D
like Mission Impossible.
after 5 seconds will self-destruct. ;)

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Congrats for having 40 apps already!

I'm using B4A for about the same time and only released a mini game so far :)

I admire your creativity to get ideas for apps, that's my main problem actually.
(and I tend to skip my idea when an simular app already exists which might be a bad move afterall)

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Congrats for having 40 apps already!

I'm using B4A for about the same time and only released a mini game so far :)

I admire your creativity to get ideas for apps, that's my main problem actually.
(and I tend to skip my idea when an simular app already exists which might be a bad move afterall)

Thanx, my advice is if an app allready exist try to make it better. Not always they answer all needs.

I will keep trying, i really like developing and have lots of ideas but very less time. Hope one day i can open my own office and hire b4x developers :)

Last edited:

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I suck at artwork & design so that's another problem.

So I need to co-op with someone else for that or it will look awful or not handy UX wise.

wonder

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I've stopped dreaming about making money out of being an ad-supported Indie Dev a while ago.
After 25,000 downloads in one year, all I managed to make was 99 dollars with AdBuddiz and 44 dollars with AdMob. :(

Thankfully, I'm driven by passion, not by revenue. :)
Once I have a really cool game up and running (2016), it will most likely be ad-free.
In order to generate some revenue, I'm planning on selling really cool merchandise, like t-shirts, posters and artwork. :D
dd_shirt_template.png
download.png

Last edited:

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I did a little bit more then 143$ but its not enough to quit my job ... Dont understand me wrong i am very happy with the result, i only dream of doing it full time.

B4x is a great tool that i belive could make it possible... Will keep trying...

wonder

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
B4X is incredible, we have the best Android RAD tool in the world!
The problem is the current business model. We're slaves to the Ad Networks and Google Play's shady algorithms.

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Correct, thatswhy i build 2 new apps that will not be effected from googles mood.

I hope they will make me good profite, they are still on standby now (top secret :cool:)

Last edited:

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I dont have any apps on google play. My Apps are used inside our company only.
All the money i earned "with B4A" was the Donations i got for releasing Library-Wrappers here in forum. B4A and wrapping Library to be used in B4A then is - FOR ME - more likely a hobby.

Since December 2014 i got approx 850,- Euro on donations. I cannot quit my job with this but it is a nice - and welcome ;) - "extra" :D

lemonisdead

Licensed User
Longtime User
My 0.5 cts : don't forget to propose your services to companies too. They have a lot of needs and do pay well. That's absolutely risk free to take the phone and place a call. The directories are a good source of inspiration. I am not a millionaire, I never will enter the 100 K downloaded club nor the Fortune 500 but I can live from my work (about 60 K€/year excluding maintenance fees).
Finally : simple things (one button and boom) are the simplest to sell but don't provide you with a comfortable amount of WOW factor. If you want to distinguish from your competitors, take the time to fully understand what the user does / needs / cares to. Then you can go and succeed.

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
My 0.5 cts : don't forget to propose your services to companies too. They have a lot of needs and do pay well. That's absolutely risk free to take the phone and place a call. The directories are a good source of inspiration. I am not a millionaire, I never will enter the 100 K downloaded club nor the Fortune 500 but I can live from my work (about 60 K€/year excluding maintenance fees).
Finally : simple things (one button and boom) are the simplest to sell but don't provide you with a comfortable amount of WOW factor. If you want to distinguish from your competitors, take the time to fully understand what the user does / needs / cares to. Then you can go and succeed.

thanx @lemonisdead this is also something i am planing, make apps for companies... the problem is, they wont buy anything from you unless you have a company and can provide receipt... so i need to open first a company and then i can sell apps. will do it soon.. (i hope) :)

lemonisdead

Licensed User
Longtime User
@ilan: not necessary. Have you thought about wage portage ? Perhaps it exists in your country too :)
Anyway, I am wishing you the best

lemonisdead

Licensed User
Longtime User
??? what does it mean??
The Portage Salarial is an umbrella structure and offers an environment from which people with suitable activities can carry out their work without having to register as a business or become involved in the administrative tasks connected to being self-employed in France. It is suitable for people involved in intellectual services as such IT and design, translation, business consulting, editorial, tele-marketing, selling to commission and other similar occupations, whether working from home or on-site. People working on their own projects through a Portage have salarié (employee) status rather than self-employed status and therefore do not have the same obligations as those registered as an independent business
Source: http://brittany.angloinfo.com/information/working/self-employment/freelancing-contracting/