Android Question After Updating to B4A 10.9 from 10.6 I can't Compile Any Program with Exoplayer Included

Randy Younger

Licensed User
I am using Exoplayer and when I try to compile projects that use it I get the following:

B4A Version: 10.90
Parsing code. (0.26s)
Java Version: 11
Building folders structure. (0.15s)
Compiling code. (0.41s)
Compiling layouts code. (0.04s)
Organizing libraries. (0.03s)
(AndroidX SDK)
Compiling resources (2.18s)
Linking resources (0.53s)
Compiling debugger engine code. (4.23s)
Compiling generated Java code. (3.77s)
Convert byte code - optimized dex. Error
Uncaught translation error: com.android.dx.cf.code.SimException: invalid opcode ba (invokedynamic requires --min-sdk-version >= 26)
Uncaught translation error: com.android.dx.cf.code.SimException: invalid opcode ba (invokedynamic requires --min-sdk-version >= 26)
Uncaught translation error: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: already added: Lcom/google/android/exoplayer2/AudioBecomingNoisyManager$AudioBecomingNoisyReceiver;
Uncaught translation error: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: already added: Lcom/google/android/exoplayer2/audio/AudioCapabilitiesReceiver;
Uncaught translation error: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: already added: Lcom/google/android/exoplayer2/audio/AudioCapabilitiesReceiver$1;
Uncaught translation error: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: already added: Lcom/google/android/exoplayer2/audio/AudioCapabilitiesReceiver$ExternalSurroundSoundSettingObserver;
Uncaught translation error: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: already added: Lcom/google/android/exoplayer2/audio/AudioCapabilitiesReceiver$HdmiAudioPlugBroadcastReceiver;
UNEXPECTED TOP-LEVEL EXCEPTION:
java.lang.RuntimeException: Translation has been interrupted
at com.android.dx.command.dexer.Main.processAllFiles(Main.java:692)
at com.android.dx.command.dexer.Main.runMultiDex(Main.java:366)
at com.android.dx.command.dexer.Main.runDx(Main.java:291)
at com.android.dx.command.dexer.Main.main(Main.java:249)
at com.android.dx.command.Main.main(Main.java:94)
Caused by: java.lang.InterruptedException: Too many errors
at com.android.dx.command.dexer.Main.processAllFiles(Main.java:684)
... 4 more

I have no idea how to "desugar" anything, and I am at a loss. I have one machine that I can still compile on, but that scares me to death!

Any thoughts?

Randy Younger

Licensed User
I have done that, and even installed B4A fresh on a new computer with the current SDK pointed to from the Anywhere B4A download site. Same problem. If I roll back to B4A 10.2, there are no problems with Exoplayer.

Upvote 0

f0raster0

Licensed User
Longtime User
it could help:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Randy Younger

Licensed User
I have tried and have not gotten it to work. I wonder if someone can try to build a test app with Exoplayer, and get the designated thing working? I also tried Erel’s B4J de sugar app and the .aar files did not extract to classes.jar. His app just crashes everytime.

Upvote 0